Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today was a Cutting Day!

Well, what a girl to do when she wakes up before daylight and the electricty is off???? She starts cutting!!!! Actually I woke up around 5am and the electric was off, called the power company and they said there was an outage...duh!!! Should be back on around 4:30pm! Great almost 12 hours! Anyway, I got dressed and went out to do the morning feeding around the farm, then hurried back in to start working on my hand quilting. After several hours of that it got rather hot in the house and I just couldn't stand having that quilt laying in my lap. So on to something else! I started cutting, and cutting, and cutting! I love the quilts on the Quiltville site and most of them are made from different size strips. There are several on there that I want to make. I have made a couple and just love how they turned out. I sorted through my fabrics and pulled a bunch out and CUT! I cut different sizes but here is my pile of 2 1/2 inch strips that I cut TODAY! I don't have a clue how many yards are here but I know there are several.
As you can see I have a pile of green strips too, I think I will use them to make a Scrappy Trip Around The World. It is also on the Quiltville website. I made one a while back out of different colored scraps and really like how it looked. Actually, it has been mailed out to Jill to be quilted!
After the power came back on, I got on the computer and what did I find.......An Award from Gina!!! Thank you so much Gina, you are such a sweetheart! So now I must pass it on to 5 more people. I want you all to know this was very hard to pick just five, but here is my list!
Regina ~ She is my competitive little quilting buddy! She is just a barrel of laughs! Very talented!!!
Toni ~ Toni is my little Pirate buddy! She is an amazing person and a very talented quilter.
Amelia ~ She is such a sweet lady, never has anything bad to say about anything. She does some of the most beautiful hand quilting!
Gudrun ~ This is my buddy on the other side of the world! Love her blog and her quilting! Such a nice person.
Lurline ~ She is from Australia! Very talented quilter and has some of the most amazing quilts. Lovely taste in fabric!!
Julia ~ Also from Australia! Just like Lurline, amazing quilter. You should see some of her stained glass quilts! And I just love her taste in fabric!
I know this is 6 but it is hard to choose, you all are such an inspiration to me!!!
Hopefully, now I can do a little bit of sewing at my machine!!!
Kristie

11 comments:

Amelia said...

Dear Kristie, thanks so much for the award. It means so much to me. Your blog is definitely in my top 5-but I will pass it on to other ones who fall in top 6 category.

No fun when the electricity is out...and of course living in the country it is something to expect from time to time.

Stay cool and again thanks.

Amelia

QuiltedSimple said...

Congratulations!! Glad you got lots done, even with your power off!
Kris

Jen said...

Wowzers!!! That's a lot of cutting. Did you get a blister? I'm glad you were able to make do with the power off. I would have gone nuts.

Connie said...

You are so dedicated finding quilty stuff to do even with the power off! I love Quiltville's stuff too--so much eye candy there!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awwww....Thanks so much, Kristie! I'm so honored! I don't usually do serious well, but I'm so glad we've become friends. Thanks for all the help you've given me, too.
Regina

Pati said...

I really enjoy reading your blog! You are very inspiring!

Julia said...

Hi Kristie,
Congratualtions! and thank you for for the award, I am honoured that you picked me too..
Your blog is one that I read every morning without fail.

You are amazing how much you get done, get even with the power off you find something quilty to do!

Stay cool!, here we need to stay warm so hand quilting is good just now.
Hugs julia

Guðrún said...

Thank you so much for the award ;)

Annemariesquilt said...

Congrats on your award..
Looks like you made the most of the day without electrisity....
This is going to be a great scrappy quilt.
Take care !

The Quilting Pirate said...

what a great idea just cutting strips!! I need to JUST DO IT myself :)

Thanks for the award, how special is that?! I feel so loved!

Jen said...

I think it's just awesome that you were still able to get loads of things done. Now, you should plan for a skylight in the new house for your sewing room; that way you have a back up light source!!