Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another one off the frame...

This morning got off to a slow start. Nothing major, but I was loading a quilt on the frame and realized that I couldn't use that backing and I will have to pick up another one for her this weekend...no big deal. So I put all of that away and loaded another one on.

This is an antique top that I quilted today. I always wonder as I am quilting these older tops about the people that pieced them. What was going on in their life at the time, were some of these their clothing or their children's, just stuff like that. This top is not exactly straight and square but it wasn't that bad to quilt.

Here it is all quilted! I have 3 more that belong to this same person and one of them is another antique top. It has "Donkeys" on it, I want to keep it! :) The backing that she sent was a vintage sheet. It has warm & white batting and it turned out very soft. I now have the backing loaded on for another quilt. It is a beautiful star quilt. It has a pieced backing with the same fabrics used in the quilt top. This one will take me awhile since the design she wants has a ton of quilting in it. I hope to get started on it tomorrow afternoon. I'll show you more of it as I am quilting it. I think this one measures in at 96/96.Andrew is doing much better today. He is still pretty sore but moving much better than he was.

I know this post is rather short but my backing is killing me for some reason and I'm going to lay on the couch for a bit and then maybe take a hot bath.
Kristie





























4 comments:

lil red hen said...

Nice work on the quilts; that star quilt looks really pretty. I admire your ability to quilt these so quickly; I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough coordination to do it. Do you stand all the time you're quilting? Perhaps that's the reason for the back pain. Do rest now and then!

Janet O. said...

I love that scrappy vintage top! Is it any harder to quilt with a sheet for backing?

Libby said...

Sweet vintage sheet! and I can't wait to see the Donkey quilt! Sounds fun!

QuiltedSimple said...

Yay!!! I love my scrappy quilt! And I can't wait to see what you do with the donkey quilt and the chicken quilt!!! Just be careful while you are quilting my chicken quilt - remember what happened the last time you had it in your possession? I don't want that to happen to you again!!!! I never even thought to tell you to look at the other sheets that I sent as backings and see if you could swap any of them out...oh well it will be beautiful when it's done and hopefully someone at the auction will like it:) Have a great day!!!