Saturday, December 27, 2014

Catching up...

 First off, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We sure did, I have nothing to complain about, we have been very Blessed.  First I want to share a photo of my gift from my brother and SIL.  A Jim Shore sewing machine!!!  Is this a perfect gift for me or what?  :)  I love it! 
 I also received a few more precious ornaments that I will post photos of when I take the tree down which will probably happen tomorrow after Church.

I have even turned my sewing machine on the past few days but that is all about to change!  I need to get caught up on the Bonnie Hunter mystery and I also picked up some fabric today.  I can't tell you when the last time that I bought fabric as I can't remember but today I stopped by Hobby Lobby while we were out buying Richard some shoes for work.  I have a new precious niece that will be here in April so I need to get some baby quilts done!  These fabrics are way out of my comfort zone but I guess sometimes that is a good thing. 
 Before I leave I wanted to share a photo that Andrew sent me on Christmas day.   :(  I was so sad that he wasn't home for Christmas but with his new job it was just impossible.  He is somewhere on the Mississippi River right now.  I thought he looked so sad in the photo but he said he was just tired.  Love him so much and I am so very proud of him. 
 I guess that is all for now.  I'll be back tomorrow to show some progress on my mystery quilt and my new baby quilt. 
Kristie

2 comments:

Texan said...

Lovely fabrics.. Very cute ornament.

I am working hard on getting my sewing room put back together.

My drapery table is almost done,I was able to keep my large quilting table intact. Yep my room is sooo full of tables but as I told DH who needs floor space in a sewing room LOL tables are better

Janet O. said...

What a great ornament!!
Those fabrics aren't "you", but they will make a great baby quilt for your new niece. How exciting to have her arrival getting closer!
It is an adjustment when your family grows up and can't spend holidays all together, isn't it?