Sunday, November 5, 2017

Busy Times...

 Another customer quilt finished!  :)  This was the king size quilt that I had to piece the 10 yards of flannel backing for.  I love the fabrics used in this one. 
 A pic showing the quilting...
 Last night I did get the binding cut and sewn on by machine and today after Church I will jump in and get the hand sewing done so it can be picked up on Monday.  I haven't been having to do many bindings lately. 

 Friday evening when I went to pick Richard up from work, I stopped by Walmart and picked up a new cutting mat.  It was time.  LOL!  Mine had cuts that went all of the way through.  I have 3 quilts that I need to cut out and piece before Christmas so it was time to get a new one.  :)
 Here are a couple of photos that I took Friday evening on my way out of the holler to pick Richard up from work.  It was just starting to get dark so the photos are not that good.  Most of the leaves have fallen so I should have done this a couple of weeks ago. 
 This one is a little blurry...
I worked most of the day yesterday on customer quilt related stuff and I talked Hunter into helping me clean a little when I finished.  :)  That sure helped me a lot.  We got everything on the 1st floor except for the kitchen.  Maybe I will get to that today when I have to take breaks from the hand sewing.  :)  Upstairs...well...the gym is pretty clean, the bathroom is clean, Andrew's room is not too bad but my sewing room is horrid!!!!  I've just been too busy to deal with it and honestly it probably will not get cleaned until after Christmas.  My schedule is just crazy!!!!

I'm thinking that I will TRY to work in Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt this year.  I'm not sure how well I can stay up with the steps with all of the customer quilts that I have to work on but I may try...then again...I may not.  LOL!  I really want to but I just don't know if it is feasible.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always think of starting one of Bonnie's mystery and then do not as I start to look through the fabric and no that my tiny bits do not add up to the amount of fabric needed in each color and I have been good about not adding a lot more to the stash right now. I might print save the directions as they are given though and decide later

---"Love" said...

That pretty four-patch makes me want to make one, and as usual, your quilting is beautiful. I'm trying to stay up with the Moda Block Heads blocks, just one 6.5" block every Wednesday, and I'm having hard time doing that! I can't imagine trying to stay up with Bonnie, but I read her post every time. ---"Love"

Janet O. said...

Those look like Kansas Troubles fabrics in that quilt. It is very pretty.
Getting a new cutting mat is kind of like changing the blade in your rotary cutter. You put it off so long, when you finally get a new one you wonder why you waited so long. :)
Looks like Fall is gorgeous in your area--so many trees.
With all you have going on, I can't imagine how you can keep up with Bonnie's mystery, too. But if it makes you happy, you will find a way!