Sunday, March 30, 2008

Playing In Dirt!

No quilting today! This is the mess that we have been playing in today! Actually, this was part of the horse lot but we moved the fence over and cut down some trees, we had to use a backhoe to dig the root-balls out. We still have alot more to do, like pile it all up and burn it, smooth it out and cover with gravel. We are planning on parking the tractor and 2 or 3 of the trailers over there so that they will be out of the way.

Hunter will be going back to school tomorrow. I dread it for him, he is still very uncomfortable in pants. I will be taking him to school in the morning and I am going to tell them that I don't want him having his gym class until after he goes back to the doctor. He still has his stitches in.

This morning we had a nice visit from my cousin and his wife. They are super nice people so I always enjoy them coming. And last night Chantal came out for a while, she brought her puppy to play with Donkey. She had Zoey, the puppy, wrapped up in a blanket so you know what that means....I will have to make a puppy quilt!!!!!

Other than that, I have done nothing! Hopefully, tomorrow I can jump in and get the house cleaned early and then I can get some sewing done. I would like to get at least 3 more blocks done on my Civil War Diary Quilt. I had a mental goal of 20 blocks for March and I have 17 of them done.
Kristie

5 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Wow, you must be on acres apon acres on land. Everytime I see a picture I think, wow I don't think I've seen that part of the property before.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's a lot of work! You must be exhausted. I got my fabric for the mystery. Are you ready for it? I posted my choices on my blog. I'm sooooo ready to get started on it now. It's gonna be fun! Have a good Monday, get those three blocks done....then it's mystery time!
Regina

Cindy said...

Atleast it looked like it was nice out for you to be able to work outside. I'm sure Hunter will be so tired when he gets home from school. He'll be ready for some extra snuggles.

Jen said...

I feel so bad for him. I hope today wasn't too awful for him.

Moneik said...

Hope Hunter had an okay day at school. Your work on the property will keep you all busy.