Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Little Hand Sewing!

Well, I'm still feeling like poo!!! Andrew is still sick too! Luckily so far Hunter and Richard have not gotten it! I have been moving from the bed to the couch most of the time but you know how it is being a mother. Mom's just can't have any down time!!! So I am fixing very simple dinners and everyone seems to be happy with that. Anyway, I just haven't felt like sitting at the sewing machine much so I have been working on other things. Here is a quilt that I have been handquilting for YEARS!!! I always like to have at least one handquilting project going on at all times but actually I have two. This one, I don't work on very long at a time, I don't even really like the quilt and it is one that I did probably 6 yrs ago, I think I started handquilting it one Winter because I was bored. Anyway, it keeps me warm working on it when I have the chills!


As I mentioned in my last post, I had a new nephew born last Monday. I have saw him yet other than photos, I don't want to take the chance on making the little guy sick. I know I have had 9 months to make him a quilt, so I guess I am just lazy. I made the top a couple of months ago, so today, I spread it out on my bed and tied it. I just didn't feel like sitting at the machine and quilting it. It didn't take me very long to tie it. I already had the binding ready so I did attach it by machine, but now I need to sew the binding down on the back. I will work on that tonight and tomorrow. It should not take too long to do. I also finished hand sewing the binding down on another quilt.



I didn't take a photo of the other quilt but maybe I will tomorrow. Anyway, at quilt guild we are having a little competition on finishing some UFO's. Lord knows I have a million. :) So both of these quilts were on my list!!!!! :)
Kristie

11 comments:

Amelia said...

Sure hope you get to feeling better - and Andrew too!

Michelle said...

You and Andrew take care Kristie, and get better soon!
Michelle

Lurline said...

I told you, Naughty Girl ... forget about quilting and get yourself better!
Hugs ... Lurline!

QuiltedSimple said...

I like the one you are hand quilting - what sort of hoop/frame do you use? I have one that I pieced ALL BY HAND probably in 1998, and would really like to try to hand quilt it this winter, but I am CHICKEN. Hope you are feeling better!
Kris

Jen said...

It looks great and I'm sure he'll LOVE it!! I hope you feel better soon.

I quilt too said...

Ist. time to comment-I am a cowboys grandaughter, daughter and wife-rodeo type. I love to quilt and want cowboys wife to know that she inspired me to get out my Dear Hannah quilt and get going on it again-lots of blocks to make, but if she can do it , so can I!!! And I am fixing to get my Bear Paw quilt basted, so I can hand quilt on it this winter also--Colorado is home and it does get cold here. Glad to meet you all. I quilt to

Unknown said...

So now there are two less on your UFO list. I hope you are feeling better.

Deb A said...

Pretty quilts and great work on the hand quilting. Hope you feel better soon.

Julia said...

These nasty bugs just won't go away will they!
You take care of yourself first then get back to quilting...
Pretty quilts...
Hugs julia

Donna said...

I spent hours reading your blog last night and had to come back tonight and read more. I am originally from KY, live in Georgia now. I was searching KY quilting bloggers last night and when I hit yours the search was over, I got to reading and next thing you know I was up way too late, LOL. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful quilts.

Hazel said...

Feel better soon Kristie .