Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sewing right along!!

I've been working on some blocks the past couple of days. Here are three more blocks for my Civil War Diary Quilt! Now only 50 more to go on this one!!!! I love the fabrics in this quilt.




I also made 2 more for my Nearly Insane quilt! I still have a million more to go on this one! :) So far I have done the easier blocks. I must say, some of these blocks will be hard!!!



Richard worked on the house a little more today while I made a few blocks. I felt like I have been working in slow motion all day! Just seemed like I wasn't getting anywhere on these blocks today.

I also have the first 6 rows of my Love Letter quilt sewn together!!!!! I can't work on it while everyone is home because I have to take up the whole floor in the living room while laying the blocks out and they don't have anywhere to walk. So I will have to wait until Monday to do more on it. Hopefully, I can get a photo of that in a few days! It really feels good to see it going together.

Well, I'm off...I'm going to try to get a couple more blocks done while we watch the PBR World Finals (bullriding)
Kristie

6 comments:

jillytacy said...

You've been very busy sewing and getting those quilt blocks done! As always they are beautiful!

Elin said...

Beautiful blocks! The fabric is so nice. I havn't touched the CWD for many months now, I have had to put some projects aside for a while. Maybe I'll make a smaller CWD as in the book, I've not decided yet. As I havn't got the EQ, some of the blocks are very difficult to get accurate. This weekend I try to finish the border of my SBS, and maybe the coming week put the three layers together. I'm not quite satisfied with the size, 10X14 blocks (square 6 1/2"), it's a bit too long and too narrow for Norwegian beds...Therefore I put the borders only lengthwise. What do you think? Please, come with some advice....

Lise in Norway said...

You are coming closer and closer I can see ...quiltops are coming soon....

Rina said...

Kristie,
I love your blocks. I use the same colors for my nearly insane quilt and i'm also working on Civil war diary. I love the fabrics you've chosen.

Rina

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to see your blocks sewn together.

Jen said...

And yet; you don't think you're a master quilter?!? Will you just agree with me already??