Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Little More Sewing

I had a wonderful time with my sister spending the night last night. I am 13 yrs older than she is but we are just as close you could possibly get! She brought out her little poodle with her so Zoey (her dog), Smokey and Donkey had a blast too. I was just too busy to get photos.

Last night as we were sitting around talking, watching tv and playing with the dogs....I got all of the Pink Bargello strip sets cut up! Here they are stacked in a shoebox. :) Now, I just have to sew them into blocks. I had to laugh to myself because she kept talking about how pretty it would be with all that pink! I'm not a big pink fan, I do use it in my quilts but it is not one of my favorites unless it is 1800's pink. She didn't have a clue that it is for her. Mom told me that I should wait until Christmas to give it to her, but I will probably give it to her as soon as it gets quilted....which at my rate it may be Christmas! :)

So we all got up this morning and I fixed a big breakfast for us all. We had Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits, Hash Browns, Fried Apples, and Gravy! A very nice family breakfast!

I played around sorting scraps and things like that for a while. I did prep 3 more basket blocks. That is a total of 4. Now I just need to do the applique on them.

Not sure how much sewing that I will get done tomorrow. I have to go to Paintsville for mom and I will probably stop by the bookstore while I am up that way. I have a bag of books to trade-in for more. Speaking of mom, I talked to her a few times today and she said she was feeling okay, just very tired.
Kristie

9 comments:

Belvie said...

Looking forward to seeing the pink quilt finished. I like pink, but blue is my favorite color.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Yvette said...

I am so relived for you that your mom is OK. I know how close you are to her, I am really close to mine too.

You were a busy bee this weekend! I just love those pink blocks, your sister is going to flip when she realizes those blocks were for her.

Anonymous said...

I am comming there for breakfast!!!!!I love those little applique baskets!!

Amelia said...

The pink is so pretty.

Are you going to machine or hand applique them?

Wonderful that your Mother is feeling better...I know you worry when she is away.

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good time with your sister, and so glad your mom is feeling better.

I can't wait to see the quilt top either!

Have fun tomorrow!
Blessings,
Michelle

Lurline said...

Love your little baskets - more big hugs to your Darling Mother!
Lurline♥

QuiltedSimple said...

Wow. I love your baskets!! And the pink is going to be stunning. Give my blessings to your Mom!
Kris

Floss said...

Looking forward to seeing the pink quilt finished, ever since having my little girl, I am really liking pink.

Nancy said...

Good to hear that your mom is doing OK - hope she gets to rest up some more before going back to work.

Love your little baskets! Where did you find the pattern - or did you design it?