Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another One Quilted!

We had a nice dinner last night. I ate way too much! :) We did not stay out to long because we felt guilty for leaving the boys! :) We stopped by Hobby Lobby and looked around but I only bought 1 1/2 yrds of fabric!

I had this top on the frame for about a week and finally got around to quilting it today! This is another baby quilt that I will donate where my sister works. I quilted it with "Chantilly Lace" panto. These fabrics were leftover from another quilt so I just sewed them up into a crib quilt. I still need to do the binding on it.
I also got a little bit of sewing done today too! This is a lap size quilt that is for Hunter! Hubby was in the Marine's so my little one just loves anything with the Marine's. I had bought this fabric several months ago with plans of doing this for Hunter. I really did not want to cut the fabric up so I just added borders on it. Now I just need to put it on the frame and get it quilted.
My nephew is 2 yrs old and loves anything John Deere! They have a hard time with him not wanting to wear anything but his John Deere shirts! So last night while at Hobby Lobby I bought this John Deere fabric. Just like Hunter's Marine quilt, I did not want to cut the fabric up so I just added borders to it.
I would love to get both of these quilts quilted this week but we will just have to wait and see how the week goes. Tomorrow we have a quilt guild meeting which should be fun.
Kristie

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Your quilted quilt looks awesome!...and both quilt tops will be very loved when done.

Amelia said...

You are quite busy with that new machine...so glad you are enjoying this process of quilting too.

Enjoy guild tomorrow...learn something new and then tell us.

Yvette said...

One top done! Two more added to the pile! LOL!!!

You are going in the wrong direction my friend.

Baby quilt looks great! You are really getting the hang of your new machine.

Yvette said...

One top done! Two more added to the pile! LOL!!!

You are going in the wrong direction my friend.

Baby quilt looks great! You are really getting the hang of your new machine.

Donna said...

I always love coming and seeing what you've been making. You always get so much done. The quilts looks great. I have been wanting to join a guild and had found one about 30 miles from here but they we so full they weren't taking new members, but I'm calling it fate because the week after, I found one by accident right here in town. I've been a bit too busy but plan on going soon, I'm excited about it.

Sara said...

Your tops look great! That baby quilt is really pretty, I like the colors of it! Sounds like you have been busy!!

Lurline said...

Often a great idea to let the fabric do the talking and not cut into it - good on you, Kristie!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

That is funny (comment above)!!
I don't know how you keep track so well, I have alot less projects and loose track of them (good for you to know if you come visit, could be years before i'd miss something!)

Belvie said...

I'm glad you and DH had a nice anniversary dinner.

Sounds like you are really enjoying that quilting machine.

Tazzie said...

You're doing amazing things with your quilting, it must feel so good to see the pile of tops gradually getting smaller.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

KyQuiltlady said...

Good Job! Hope to see you at guild meeting.

Deb A said...

Great job quilting those quilts! They are all coming out so nicely. The boys will love those theme quilts to snuggle under. Have fun at your guild meeting. I need to visit your blog while Aidan is awake so he can see the horse and rooster pictures! I seem to be doing lots of 'neigh', and 'coc-a-doodle-dos' whenever we read books with animal pictures!

Unknown said...

Another done, you are amazing.

Vesuviusmama said...

My youngest has a John Deere sweatshirt that he wants to wear EVERY day! Only when it is in the wash am I able to get something else onto him. As you can imagine, sometimes it takes me a while to do the wash (wink, wink). Great quilt ideas for the kids!!

(by the way, I'm glad to have found you again!!! You were sick for a while, and then I lost track of where your blog was completely. I'm glad to see you are well, and quilting away as usual! I'm putting this link onto my blog so I can find you again quickly!)
Erin (Vesuviusmama at MyQuiltBlog)

julieQ said...

Yahoo! Two more in the close to being done pile! You are making such great progress.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Another finish - and a beautiful one too! Congrats!

Pat H. said...

WOW! You're hummin right along on your new machine.