Friday, February 25, 2011

Catching Up...

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. Just been busy and haven't had the extra time. Anyway, I will not go in to all of the boring details of the past week or so but been measuring, looking and ordering a few things for the new house. I did not realize what a chore it was to pick out toilets, sinks, faucets, lights and all of that! Anyway........


I ordered some thread last week. I was getting rather low on quilting thread so I got a few more spools and cones. These first two are 5000 yard cones of Madeira thread. I really love how this thread quilts.Here are 5 spools, 1200 yards each, of Connecting Threads Essential thread. I have used this a lot before and it works great with my machine. The colors are Turkey Red and Caramel.
These are the 5000 yard cones of Connecting Threads Essential thread in colors of, white, black, Natural, and Taupe. As you can see, I have already opened the white because I needed to wind a few bobbins for a customer quilt that I will be picking up today while I am in town.
I have a few more spools on the way, should be here in today's mail.
I know we will not be moving in the new house until later in the summer but I have started packing up a few things.....like some of my quilting stuff. They are loaded in large totes and Richard has taken them out to the new house and placed them in the corner of my quilting room. I boxed up a few things that I knew that I would not be needing anytime soon.


This first box has a ton of fabric samples. Some of them are upholstery samples. I hate to throw them out but I'm not sure what to use them for.
This big tote has a bunch of plaids and about 9 or 10 yards of that funky looking fabric in it. Not sure what I will do with that either.
This tote is full of solid scraps! I have a bunch of those, so I need to make a scrap quilt out of solid fabrics. Actually there are enough of them in there to make a few quilts.
This wood crate is full of small scraps and strings. I have not sent it out to the new house yet because I am still finding small scraps that I have tucked everywhere.
It may not look like it but this tote has 84 yards of fabric in it. This is some of my large yardage pieces. I have more but could not fit anymore in the tote. Oh and this one has a bunch of UFO's in it. Trust me, I have more UFO's than this, I just haven't gotten to them yet.
As you can see, Donkey is doing better. He is almost back to his old self again. He still walks slow and funny but hopefully that will get better over time.

I will post more tomorrow, I have to run into town now....

Kristie

8 comments:

Libby said...

Been missing you Kristie! Glad to hear all is well! and good to see Donkey. How is your Mom?

Texan said...

Oh fun getting new thread! I just love thread. I am almost as bad about it as I am fabric! I like that Turkey red thread, have some its a great color. The caramel looks really good might need to get some of that next time :O).

I remember well picking out sinks, toilets, lights. etc. It is a lot of work for sure! How fun you are starting to pack up a few things. I know your very excited!

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

regarding those upholstery samples? What I have done in the past is to sew them together to make an appropriately sized mini-quilt for my veterinarian to use as cage liners for the animals to lie on. I use the mini-quilts as practice for quilting designs or for doodling. The animals don't mind that it doesn't look pretty. :-)

Yvette said...

I was getting worried. I am so glad you posted. How is your mom?

Glad to see Donkey on the mend, poor little guy. I don't think he will ever want to go outside again.

Mary said...

I just received the latest Connecting Threads catalog and have been wondering about their Essential Pro thread that is polyester. Have you tried it? I have used the cotton and like it, but it's a little linty.

Unknown said...

I am glad that Donkey is doing fine. What about you, how are you now?

Three Birds Inspired said...

What do you think about the thread from Connecting Threads since you are using for long arm work? I really like Superior Thread products but they are pretty expensive and I am looking to cut costs - but I also do not want to cut quality!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Glad to see you back! I was wondering where you were last week... Glad to see Donkey is getting better, too!

Great threads!!