Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another One Finished...

I can mark another one off my list!! This is another client quilt. It is a very large Carpenter's Star quilt. The quilt shop sold these as kits and I have another one to quilt after Christmas that is done in a different color scheme. I quilted it with a panto called, Verdant. I have quilted several lately with that design and I have a couple more quilts that need to be quilted with that same design. It quilted up great and I only had ONE thread break in the whole quilt and the quilt is something like 104 inches. I got a small shipment of Maderia thread in. It is my very favorite to use. Hubby looked at it and said "That doesn't look like 22,000 yards of thread" but it is. Each cone has 5500 yards. This will last me a while. I was running low on these colors and I tend to use them a lot. I also ordered a color card. They don't really list the colors by name, just numbers so it is hard to determine the exact color. Hunter has a little friend spending the weekend so I figure I probably could not start on another quilt today. Now that I got that big one off the frame, I will fix supper and MAKE some bindings tonight. I have 4 more quilts that need quilted before Christmas and 3 of them I will be doing the binding for. I figure I can work on the handwork late at night as I am resting on the couch.

I was thinking today that I will be delivering a pile of quilts to the quilt shop on Monday and they have a sale going on......you know where this is headed right? Actually, I can't spend very much on fabric right now but they have some of their Civil War Fat Quarters bagged up and priced 10/$10. So at a dollar each, that is too good to pass up. I'm delivering 6 client quilts so I probably wouldn't miss $10 or $20 bucks....right? LOL!

I'm off to get supper started and pack a few more boxes.....I didn't realize we had this much JUNK! LOL!
Kristie

7 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Definitely treat yourself to some $1 FQs!! Great job on all the quilting!

lil red hen said...

You're making lots of progress! You'll make it!

Connecting Threads has a sale, so I used the excuse of making aprons for Christmas gifts to justify ordering fabrics. Hope it gets here in time or I'll be stressing like you have.

Texan said...

I agree 10 for 10 is a good deal on quilt shop fat quarters. I too have been really good for quite some time on buying fabrics. I am trying!

Yep girly I know just how great that thread is!
That is all I use on my embroidery machine and I use it as you know for quilting too! :O).

I am sure the quilt shop is going to be thrilled with all the quilts you did! Your quilting is soooooooo good!

Tammy said...

Wow, you go girl! You're really moving along on those quilts! Yeh!

Vesuviusmama said...

You deserve some of those fat quarters, especially at that price!

Janet O. said...

Another beautiful quilting job! Hope you are holding up well under all of your current stresses. I think you absolutely deserve to treat yourself to some $1 FQs.

Chocolate Cat said...

Well done on getting another quilt done! You will make it!! and yes you should definately treat yourself to some fat quarters at that price!