Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Little Progress...

Here we go....first off, I want to thank all of your for your kind words and prayers! I have never been able to deal with stress. I was in a panic the other day when I wrote my last post. :) I know that the Lord will not put more on me than I can handle. I know it is not going to be easy but I trust in him and I think he will help us through this.

My mom had to leave for work early this morning and she will be gone for 28 days and she will not be home for Christmas. That breaks my heart. She was home for Thanksgiving and we had dinner at her house but when she gets back home a couple of days after Christmas we will celebrate at her house with her. Hunter is excited because he will get to open gifts several different times. We had the little conversation of what Christmas was really about. Sometimes you have to remind the little ones that it is not the gifts but Christ.

So Tuesday mom came out and cleaned Hunter's room and the main bathroom in the new house. Everything was covered in drywall dust and it was horrible. As she was down stairs cleaning, I was upstairs quilting. After she got it all swept and vacuumed I came downstairs and started painting when I needed a break from quilting. It has been a long couple of days. I got the ceiling in Hunter's room and the bathroom painted and also Hunter's walls are done. He was so excited about it.

Now here are the details on Hunter's room. Please keep in mind that everything is NOT done and we will be moving in with the house UNFINISHED. :( Hunter's room measures 12x16 and only has the window that you can see in the photo, but it is a big window. He picked out the comforter, sheets, and curtains and mom bought them for him a while back but we had been saving them for the house. Hunter also picked out his own paint color. It is a little hard to tell the true color in the photo but it is "truly olive" We still need to do all of the wood trim as you can see it looks a little messy around the ceiling and floor but it will be covered as soon as we can get the trim and baseboards up. There is not any flooring down yet, just the plywood with a rug over it. :( I also plan on changing the white curtain rod. It is flimsy and the curtains are lined and heavy and it would just be a matter of time before Hunter tore it down. This is all that we have moved into his room so far. There are still tons of toys to move.

The bathroom is nowhere near finished. Richard did get the sink, counter top, and faucet installed after school. I got the ceiling painted but not trimmed yet. I have the paint for the walls but just haven't had time to get to it yet. I'll post a photo of that mess as we make a little more progress on it.

I have finished a few quilts while doing this too. Here is the quilt that I had on the frame in the last post, it is finished. Not sure what the pattern is but it is beautifully pieced. This one measured something like 92x92...I think. I quilted it with the Chantilly Lace design and used Madeira thread. I just love that stuff.
Then I loaded and quilted this one. The next two quilts were pieced by a man. I am doing the binding on both of them. I quilted it with the Barbed Wire design and used a matching thread from Connecting Threads. I finished the binding last night before I went to bed.
I quilted this one for him today. It is quilted with a Foliage design, just leaves. I used a orange thread from Connecting Threads. I have the binding ready to go on it and I will probably work on it later tonight. I'm not sure what all I will get done tomorrow, Hunter has an eye doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon and I need to do some grocery shopping. I would love to load another quilt and at least get it started. I dropped off a finished quilt at the shop on Monday and ended up picking up 2 more to do. I explained to her that it would be a while before I would get to quilt them. She said that was fine, just whenever I could get to them.....after the holidays.

That's all for tonight....I'm off to take a bath! :)


jillquilts said...

It sounds like you are moving right along! And more quilts, too! WOW!!

Hunter's room looks great! And it was awesome that your mom was able to help out while she was home.

Good luck on keeping your momentum!!

Janet O. said...

Kristie--hang in there! Still praying for you.
I wanted to enlarge the photos to get a better look at Hunter's room and at the barbed wire quilting pattern (that one had me curious), but they wouldn't enlarge.
Just keep telling yourself, "One day at a time." : )

bernie said...

Hey Kristie, I haven't been reading blogs for a bit, but finally had a chance to sit down and do some catching up tonight - read your last two posts and am glad you are not "stressing" too bad anymore. I will pray for you. You have a lot of things going on right now, but it is great the work you picked up from the quilt shop. Everything will work out I am sure. Take care. Bernie

Yvette said...

You are really getting a lot done. Don't forget to take a few minutes each day to relax.

Libby said...

Hunter's room looks great Kristie! You have done some beautiful work on those quilts too! Enjoy your bath..use lots of bubbles!

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - you go girl. That is a lot of progress for a few short days!!

lil red hen said...

You have so much on your plate at the moment! But you've made a lot of progress too! Just take it one step at a time; it's gonna work out.

Floss said...

you are making good progress. OK the rooms not finished, but it's looking good and painting is alway easier with out floor and trim to worry about and as you said, that can all be added later.