Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Post Surgery Update

No pics in this post.  :(  I have gotten several emails so I thought I would update you on my blog.  I had my surgery on Monday.  I had my right ovary and a golf ball size cyst removed, nothing major just routine surgery.  The doctor wanted to salvage my ovary if possible but couldn't, which is not a big deal to me really. 

All went well as far as the actual surgery, but I woke up in severe pain so I had to stay at the hospital a little while longer until they got it under control.  I have a big problem with pain medication not working.  It never has worked well for me and Hunter has the same problem and he is only 9.  Neither of us can take Morphine or anything like that, we might as well drink water or something.  So after they finally got it under control I came home. 

I had alot of pain Monday evening and night but Tuesday (yesterday) wasn't too bad once I got out of bed and moved around.  Richard has been great with taking care of me and making me get up and walk even when I don't want too.  Mom got called out to work Saturday but Chantal has been here with me during the evenings which is nice to spend time with her.  She is keeping my dishes washed and stopped by the grocery store of my yesterday after work.  LOL!  Richard is keeping everything else done. 

Today has probably been the worst day of it all.  I cried when I got out of bed this morning and it took a while for my pain medication to kick in.  I am doing fine now, just taking it easy, watching tv and on Facebook.   I've eat a ton of food and probably will gain 10 lbs!  LOL!  Actually my stomach is swollen right now and I feel like I am 9 months pregnant!  :(  I can't wait for that to go back to normal. 

Richard is trying to nap right now so Hunter is babysitting me or so he says.  LOL!  Richard has to work tonight at the hospital doing his practicum.  He has to be there at 7pm and works a 12 hour shift.  I sure will miss him being gone all night.  I'm so used to him being home during the nights.  When he drove a coal truck he was gone alot through the night but that has been a couple of years ago.  I'm sure I will live, it will just take a little getting used to again.  He has 120 hours of this to do before he can take his state board exam and stuff like that.  Anyway, my sister will be here with me tonight if I happen to need anything and she will be leaving for work in the morning about the time that Richard will be getting home.  Mom will also be back home tomorrow evening. 

Mom will be helping me get things ready for Richard's graduation party Saturday evening after his graduation.  I figure by Saturday I should be feeling alot better than I am now.  His graduation is at 10am and we will be coming back home and having a cookout with family and friends!  Saturday is also our 11th wedding anniversary too!!  He will be speaking at the graduation too so he has been working on his speech the past few days.  He is a little nervous over that but he will do just fine. 

That is all for now!  I think I will get up and walk through the house a few times and then settle down and work on some yo-yo's!  I have a basket of yo-yo's that is one of my long term projects.  My sewing room is upstairs so I can't get up there right now.  I had my basket of yo-yo's brought down to work on.  I have made 2 huge yo-yo quilts over the past years.  The first one has 2500 yo-yo's in it and I gave it to my mom.  Andrew loved it and wanted one so I made him one with 2000 yo-yo's and it is put up in his room.  The one that I am working on now is for Hunter!  I think I have about 500 yo-yo's finished.  I want his to be about the same size as Andrews. 

I'll check in later...


Suzan said...

Sorry you are still feeling so crummy. I do hope you are much improved by the weekend. Sounds like Richard's graduation party will be a hoot!

julieQ said...

Glad you are ok and I hope the pain subsides soon.

melanie moore said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good. I hope you feel alot better soon. Hugz xx

Narelle said...

Thankyou for an update ... it's good to hear from you and wish you a speedy recovery.
Making yo-yos sounds like an excellent way to spend some quiet time :)

Tazzie said...

I'm so glad everything went well Kristie hon, and I hope you're feeling much better soon. How wonderful that your family are looking after you so well, they're just precious.

jillquilts said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! I hope that you can get that pain under control. And woo hoo for the graduation and anniversary!!

Honey Bear said...

Glad you are feeling better. Just don't overdo it with graduation and anniversary. It is great that you have family there to help you.

Me and My Stitches said...

I've been thinking of you - so glad you are starting to feel better. Glad you have such great caretakers!

Janet O. said...

Been hoping things went well for you. Hope you don't have to deal with the pain too much longer. It is good to have family around to help you recover. Take care.