Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sewing in the cold weather

 First I will start with some quilting stuff.  I've cut out tons of bowtie sets for my leaders/enders. 
 I have a few more bowties finished to add to my pile.  This should take me up to right around 300 of them. 
 I'm also still plugging along on my mystery quilt.  I do love the quilt but I'm wanting to get it finished so that I can get to working on something else.  :) 
 It has been soooo cold here in KY.  I'm ready for SPRING!  We've had historical low temps, high winds, power outages and NO WATER!  We have a drilled well, and at first we just thought it was frozen, but nope.....the pump stopped working.  So now we are trying to deal with that in the cold weather.  

Speaking of the high winds....look what happened to Mammy and Leo's kennel.  :(  No fixing that!  :( 
 I guess all of this is just adding up and messing with my BP.  This was yesterday!  It has gone down a little but still running pretty high. 
 
 Now on to a more relaxing note....here is Mammy and Hunter relaxing in the recliner.  She thinks she is a 55lb lap dog.  :)
 She is so crazy!  I love her so much but she can be a handful most of the time. 
 It's time to get back to sewing and trying to stay warm!  Thank God for the wood stove and propane heat!  :)  With it being so cold it still has a chill in the air.  
Kristie

5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

She is adorable! I have a 3-d bowtie quilt I've been making off and on between things, one of those quilts I am not in a hurry to finish.

Yvette said...

Good job on your bow ties. Mine is one of my favorite quilts. Brrrrrrrr I am a California girl and we are having a mild winter. I don't know if I could make it in that cold.

Janet O. said...

Your bow ties are looking great!
I can't wait to see some of your mystery quilt all laid out.
Oh, too bad about the kennel!

Libby said...

Such sweet bow ties! Looks like Mammy is going to be pushing Hunter out of the chair soon! Stay warm and take care of that bp! I'm over cold weather:(

Deb A said...

Love the bow ties. How big are they?
Hope you are able to resolve the water situation and it warms up a bit for you. I'm having issues the other way with blood pressure - trying to get mine up =)
With medicine it it now running around 111/74. Progress =). That second number in the 50 range is not good.