Sunday, October 26, 2014

A quick update...

 Look what was gifted to me!!!! 
Totally not expected but appreciated!  See....there is a family that was in need of firewood and we were giving them slabs from the sawmill to burn this winter.  This helps us both out as they need it for firewood and we need them out of the way of the sawmill.  The slabs pile up really fast when Richard is sawing on his days off and it is hard for him to move around the mill with a huge pile of slabs.  So yesterday there was a knock at the door and it was the lady with a few garbage bags filled with poly-fil and batting!!!  She said it belonged to his grandmother and she no longer sewed and they wanted me to have it in exchange for the slabs.  I told her that we didn't give them the slabs expecting something in return but I really was excited that she was giving it to me.  :)  I will use it!!!  I thought it was very sweet.  

I have been a little under the weather lately so my sister stopped by with a couple little gifts.  A plaque for my sewing room that reads, "You are SEW special"  I love it and I will make sure that I hang it where I can easily see it.  Also she gave me a key ring and a pair of earrings.  They are sewing machines and they say, "SINGER" on them.  :)  I love them!!!   
 Not a whole lot of sewing going on here as I mentioned I had not been feeling well.  I started with a sinus infection which eventually moved down to my teeth.  I ended up with 3 abscessed teeth towards the back and they pulled one of them on Friday.  Still having some issues with it but feeling better everyday.  

Not sure if I posted photos of my new leader/ender project or not but here it is....I will use a scrappy background too.  I had just cut these two to see how I was going to like it.  I have several more of them cut and ready to sew. 
 The windmill blocks measure 4" so I will need several hundred of them to make a bedsize quilt.  I'm in no hurry so I will just enjoy the process. 
 I am also still working on my 2nd turtle quilt...well I haven't for the past few days but I had been.  I will post updated photos of it soon too.
Kristie

4 comments:

Regina said...

Sorry you've been under the weather -that just puts a damper on enjoying ANYTHING. Hope you feel better soon!

Janet O. said...

Well, what a nice surprise. I just used some poly batting in a little quilt. Haven't used any in a while and it really makes the quilting pop. Then I remembered that when I had the class from Sue Patten earlier this year she said she often uses poly batting in quilts for shows because the loft makes the quilting stand out.
Thoughtful gifts from your sister.
Just a couple of days ago I cut some windmill blocks that very same size to use as leader/enders for a while. Hadn't planned on making a big quilt with mine, but that will be so cool! Did you get that little set of acrylic templates that has several different shapes?
I hope you are on the road to recovery, Kristie. It is hard to focus on anything with an abscessed tooth, let alone 3 of them!

Michelle said...

Feel better soon!!!

Deb A said...

I was just thinking of you! Hope you are feeling better every day.