Thursday, February 19, 2015

Snow and puffs...

 Well I'm snowed in on top of this mountain!  LOL!  I'm doing a lot of sewing but not a whole lot.  I'm finding that I'm not really getting a lot accomplished other than sitting here and watching the fire burn and taking a few naps.  :)  I have worked a little bit on this puff/biscuit quilt for Addison.  The baby shower is in 9 days and I'm not even close to having it finished.  :(
I also worked on a few hexies.  This is an old pic but it never really changes.  LOL! 
Shew....we ended up with over 12" of snow!!!  :(  Richard had to work yesterday and we have a Jeep Wrangler that is 4WD but a 4WD still doesn't mean that it will go everywhere!  LOL!  I've mentioned several times that we live at a place called, "top of the world" and that is pretty much it!  We live on top of a big ridge with lots of hills and curves on a tiny backroad.  Richard had a little trouble getting off the hill yesterday morning but he did get off.  Getting home this evening was a different story.  There are 2 ways to come in to our place from the blacktop road.  The shortest way is about a mile away from the house and that is the way that he went out this morning.  He couldn't even get up the first hill so he turned and tried coming in the other way which is about a 3 mile drive from the blacktop to our house.  So he got to my sister's house which is at the bottom of the big hill and couldn't get on up in the Jeep.  He parked at her house and brought the 4 wheeler (ATV) on up to the house.  

He has to work again this morning so he will ride the 4 wheeler back down the hill to my sister's house and take the Jeep on to work.  Sadly we are supposed to be having record temps in the next few days.  This morning it is supposed to be -10 and the windchill -22!!!!  It is close to that now.   :(  That will sure make for a cold ride down the hill to Chantal's which is a mile away.  He is getting ready to leave in a few minutes.  

Hunter will not have school until Spring!  LOL!  Meanwhile, Hunter and I will spend the day keeping the fire going and waiting for Richard to get back home. 
 -Kristie

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Enjoy your days and keep warm!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like a lot of snow and the roads in not good condition - hope your husband gets to work ok and be safe - fire going here too but it didn't get as cold as was said which is ok with me - woke to 18 instead of the 12 they said it would be. Keep the fire going and watch tv, read a book, sew LOL - bake!

Janet O. said...

Those are not temps in which you want to be out on an ATV! Poor Richard!
I like to watch a good comedy and stitch when my mind is troubled. You and Hunter keep each other company and keep that fire going!! : )

Gayle said...

Wow - sounds like your weather experience is one that you'll remember for a long time, huh? I made two twin sized puff quilts for my girls years & years ago - I didn't realize they were 'back' again. Kinda fun to see one - what cute fabrics you're using! Stay warm....

Michelle said...

Ugh...sounds like a good time to stay in and work on hexies! :) Stay warm!