Thursday, June 19, 2008

Digging Around In The UFO's!

I have been digging around again in my tubs of UFO's. Actually, I only have one tote but it is a large tote full. Some of them will be finished some will only be finished in to a lap or crib size, just so I can call it DONE. Some of them that I only have one or two blocks done, I will just put the pieces back into my scrap stash. There is no reason for them to stay in there if I'm not going to ever finish them.

So I decided to take a few photos to show you some of them. This first one is a Double Wedding Ring that I cut out about 8 yrs ago while Richard and I were just dating. As you see I have alot of it cut out and alot of the strips sewn together but not into blocks yet.

This is one that I really like, I forgot the name, but I have the pattern in one of my books. I have somewhere around 80 of the golden yellow blocks cut out and several of the colored pieces in the pieced blocks. I just need to cut more of the cream, I think that is why I stopped, that and the fact that these blocks are only 6 inches.
In this one, the fabric design really dates this UFO. It is one of my older ones, probably started it a couple of years after I started quilting.
This one is another OLD one, probably 8 or 9 yrs old. I think I have more pieces to this one somewhere. I will have to keep digging to see what I can find.
I love this one! Very scrappy! But I just love this block! It is not really hard, you just really have to watch about lining up the diamond pieces. The "Diamond" pieces are actually 3 seperate pieces. This is one that I will certainly finish.....someday. Actually, I need to cut more of it out.
There are several more but these are all that I got out today. I really wanted to sort through these today but I had some other MOMMY things to do today.
Kristie

12 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh Kristie...I really like that last picture of the blocks with the diamond shape...most unusual. Do you know the name of the pattern?

Do you plan on finishing all of them?

Unknown said...

There is no end to what you have accomplished, I like all those blocks but especially the one with the yellow golden blocs in between.

marie said...

Kristie,
I really like your last UFO also, and would love to know the pattern name if you have it!

sewkalico said...

What wonderful UFO's! I hope you finish some of them. I like the last one too. Any chance you can point us in the right direction for the pattern?

Lurline said...

Oh, Kristie,
I really love the pinwheels in the golden yellow blocks - I'm a pinwheel freak - please, try to find the block pattern!
You have really beautiful quilts here, so get to it, Girl.
'Bye for now - Lurline.

KyQuiltlady said...

Kristie, They are all so pretty! I have a lot of UFO's also. I haven't done anything for a week cause I been working. Come to Farm & Field Day tomorrow evening at Blaine
Brenda

jillytacy said...

What beautiful UFOs! Very inspiring! You must have loads of fabric to create all of these beautiful blocks! They're lovely!

Julia said...

hi Kristy,
Your UFO's are beautiful, I love the pinwheels on the yellow ,
What gorgeous quilts you'll have when you get them finished,
Julia

Anonymous said...

All of your quilts are gorgeous, but I just LOVE the bottom one, It does look difficult. Looks like you have enough sewing to keep you busy for quite some time!!!!

QuiltedSimple said...

I love all your UFO's - but especially the pinwheel and the bottom one for me. Can't wait to see them all finished!
Kris

julieQ said...

Wow, I love your UFO's! Especially the last one...so pretty!

Jen said...

They are all cool but Man!! That bottom block is awesome!!