Monday, October 12, 2009

Need a little help!!

First off, I need some help!!! I had a lady call me asking if I could make a quilt for her so that she could give it to her daughter for Christmas. So I found the fabric online that she wanted added everything up and gave her the total cost. She was fine with what I would be charging and said that she did want the quilt made. So now here is my problem....I ordered the fabric, they call me this morning to tell me that they are OUT OF STOCK!!! So now what I need is to find more of that fabric. It is DALE EARNHARDT JR #88 fabric!!!! I found some his old fabric with his old car, but I need his new # on it. So if you have any idea where that I might be able to order it, please let me know!!!!

I have been working on hand quilting this quilt for my mom. I know that you all have seen this quilt a million times but I am very slow at hand quilting. This is the quilt that was hand pieced by her grandmother. Anyway, this morning I spread it out on my bed to look at my progress. I was soooooo disappointed! I thought that I had more of the quilting done!!!!! :( It has a total of 20 blocks and a border around it. I only have 7 out of 20 of the blocks done!!!!
I guess I had better speed up on the quilting!!!!!

The boys are home from school today because of Columbus Day. I am MAKING them clean their room!!!

I gave Chantal her quilts for her birthday! She loved them!!!! She is not a quilter but does love quilts. Today is my step daughter, Breanna's 16th birthday!!! She will be coming down this weekend. What are we to do??? Andrew and Breanna are now both 16! :(
Kristie

6 comments:

Becky said...

Kristie, try quiltropolis.com
They have a spot for locating fabric.
It's worth a shot.

Amelia said...

Good luck on finding it.

Hand quilting is a slow process....I know!

Dayna said...

check the red tag tables at JoAnn Fabrics. They marked it all down a few months ago and you might get lucky.

Unknown said...

Isn´t handquilting a slow process? That is my experience.

Hazel said...

Hand quilting may be slow but I still prefer it over machine quilting .It will be all the more special to your mom .

Lurline said...

Oh, I'm undecided whether to hand-quilt or move on with other projects, Kristie! Just one of those things where you can't move with lightning speed!
Hugs - Lurline♥