I don't usually like to post without a photo but today I don't have any photos! :( Here it is the day after Christmas and it is now noon, I still have my PJ's on! :) Just so tired from the previous weeks. I do love Christmas and all that it stands for, but for some reason this Christmas I have been so tired. We had a wonderful day yesterday, it is nice to see the kids so excited. I don't mean to be a scrooge but I took my tree down this morning! :) Mostly because I don't have a lot of extra space. I can't wait for the first Christmas that we spend in the new house!
Anyway, as I was cleaning this morning, my mind was on quilting! Gee, maybe they is why my house is never spotless! :) I was trying to think about what I wanted to accomplish for 2010. I do love quilting and I don't want to feel pressured, but there are some things that I would like to finish in 2010, but if they don't get done, I will not beat myself up about it. Here is the list that I have come up with so far....
* Lexie's Heart Quilt - have 7 blocks cut out and ready for the applique. Need a total of 20, add sashings and borders, then it will be ready to quilt.
* Pick the paper from the back of my Pink/Brown Civil War Love Letters quilt and add borders to it. Then quilt it.
* Turkey Tracks - all the blocks are cut out and some of them pieced. I love how they are looking.
* Carolina Christmas - Bonnie's Christmas mystery, have it all cut out and a lot of it pieced.
* Writer's Block - have all of the fabric for this, some of it is cut out. This is the red/white quilt.
* Civil War Diary Quilt - have 70/121 of the blocks pieced. Need to piece the other 41 blocks, pick the paper from the back, piece the top, add borders and quilt. If I just got the other 41 blocks done on this one, I would be happy with it for right now.
* Blue/Yellow Bargello - Finish picking out the quilting and requilt this one myself.
* Andrew's Snail's Trail - have the pattern for this one, but haven't even started with fabrics or anything. He has asked me for this quilt for a few years now so I would love to get it done for him.
* Spring Quilt - this is a kit that I cut it all out the other day while the power was off. Needs pieced and quilted.
* Finish hand quilting mom's grandmother's quilt. I am just very slow.....
* QUILT EVERY TOP THAT I PIECE THIS YEAR!!!
I have also added this list to my sidebar. As of right now that is all that I can think of. I still have 58 tops of my own to quilt. I figure if I at least try to quilt the new ones that I piece in 2010 that my pile will not get any bigger! If I get more than that quilted that is fine but I will try to work them in between my customer quilts.
Speaking of customer quilts, I really need to get my behind in gear and get them done. The past few weeks have just been sooooo busy and then the power being off sure didn't help me any either.