Monday, August 29, 2011

Sleepless nights have paid off...

Another sleepless night...it is 1:08am and I am wide awake! :( This is driving me crazy! So I've done what I always do when I can't sleep, SEW! They are all finished! All 224 Courthouse Steps!! Can you believe that???

224!!!
I never meant to finish these anytime soon but there is nothing else to do during these sleepless nights except to work on them. All of my other sewing projects and fabrics are in the new house, so the only thing that I have in here is one machine, these strips, mat/ruler/rotary cutter.
Now I don't have a clue as to when I will sew these together. There are so many of them that I will probably take them out to the new house so I will have plenty of room to lay them all out. But first I have some other things that need to be finished up that are already out there waiting for me. I mentioned before that I was paper piecing these and I'll tell you why. Most of these pieces were just scraps and some where strips. The scraps were all just a bunch of odd sizes and I really didn't want to go through the whole part of measuring every little piece. This way I could just pick it up and sew, perfect when you can't sleep and are too tired to concentrate. :) Anyway, I made a huge mess when I was trimming them up and Donkey had to get right under my feet. I looked down and he was covered! LOL! Crazy cat! Poor Donkey is not doing too well, he has glaucoma and it is pretty bad so I don't let him outside much now. I'm afraid that he will not be able to see well and get hurt. So he now spends his days inside doing exactly this...
And of course, Jasper had to get a pic taken too! Isn't he so cute? I didn't get a photo of Smokey but he was snoozing in the recliner and snoring very loud! :)And last a photo of Zoey before she went home. Hunter had some clothes and a quilt on the couch and Zoey just made a bed out of them. She was so happy to see my sister when she picked her up. I'm off to clean up my mess and maybe do some laundry or watch some tv.
Kristie

9 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, I hate not being able to sleep! Makes for a bad day! But, look at you with all your blocks done! You used your time wisely!

Wanda said...

Oh Kristie, I'm so sorry you can't sleep. It's very frustrating. But looking at the pile of blocks you have done, I say it wasn't a waste.

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. My mini schnauzer, I think, has cataracts and has a hard time seeing. I know that she has troubles because she keeps running into things.

I pray you get a good night sleep very soon.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Texan said...

Well as much as its stinks to not be able to sleep, you certainly did get a lot done!

Yvette said...

I hate not being able to sleep! I told you you would get all those blocks done!!! They look great!

Janet O. said...

The completed blocks are a major accomplishment, but not under ideal conditions, for sure.
My inability to sleep usually is a result of my mind racing through all kinds of thoughts and worries and I can't turn it off! Maddening!
Very cute little furry friends!

Saska said...

Productive! But...you need to figure out why you can't sleep!

Me and My Stitches said...

I can't believe you have all of those blocks done already - they are awesome! Can't wait to see it all together. All of your fluffies are adorable!

snowlady said...

sorry you can't sleep Kristie. You sure made lots of progress on those blocks. Now that they are completed it might be easier to put them together for a quilt top. I know it would make me want to finish the top. I know how having all those projects are...
Thanks Kristie for sending bloggers for my give a way.

lil red hen said...

Bless your heart!! I suppose sewing is better than just staying in bed trying to sleep. Sometimes I'm tempted to get up and sew; my husband can't hear anything after he takes his hearing aids out :) so no worry about bothering him. My legs and arms hurt at night and disturb my sleep. Hope it gets better for you.