Monday, October 17, 2011

Fleece Crib Blanket....Quilted

This weekend I got a total of 4 pot holders finished and have several more that just need the binding finished up on them. I just love making these little things. Today I finally braved the camo fleece crib quilt that I was so nervous about. I've worked with fleece and minkee before but not together and this brown has about a 1/2" nap so I wasn't sure how well that it would quilt or even if my machine would quilt it with a batting between them. Would you believe that it quilted up perfect!?!

The camo fleece is actually the front and the brown fuzzy is the back. I loaded it on the frame with the brown on top because I was afraid that the longer nap on it might mess with my bobbin.
Anyway, not one problem! I was so happy! No thread breaks, no skips....nothing! Now why can't everything else go that smooth??? I still need to square it up and do the binding on it. I also need to make the matching bumper pad for the crib and two camo pillows.


I'm starting to work on some Christmas gifts now. Tonight I plan on cutting out one of those little fabric panel story books for my great nephew. He just turned "1" a couple of weeks ago. I've never put one of these together but they don't look that hard. That will be one thing that I can mark off my list.

Kristie

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

So you're saying that this was easier than a t-shirt quilt? : )
Love the potholders. Great idea!

Libby said...

OOoohh! That looks so nice and soft! Wonderful job Kristie!

Joanne said...

The pot holders are a great idea.
I would have thought that fleece and minky would have been a tough combo, glad it worked out so well - it looks fabulous (lovely quilting design).
Good luck with the book.♥

Denise :) said...

LOL to what Janet said!! I love the combination of the camo and the minky. What a soft and silky, yummy quilted blankey that will be! :)