Monday, June 11, 2012

Any Ideas?

I've been working on machine quilting for the past several days and I have photos but I will probably show all of those in one post after some of these are delivered and such.  They are really pretty quilts.  I'm having to quilt early of the mornings and late of the evenings because it is hot upstairs and I don't have A/C up there yet.  I can't go up there and quilt right now because my sister is upstairs sleeping.  She is spending the night with me and she has work tomorrow morning.  Also, the quilting machine wakes Richard up since it is directly over the master bedroom.  As I was taking my breaks from standing at the frame I sat down and sorted through some totes that I had not unpacked in my quilting room yet.  I found lots of stuff but one thing that I'm not sure what to do with are these...

I found 1000+  2" (finished size) half square triangles in assorted blues and white.  I'm not even sure what I was making them for, it has been so long.  They are all paper pieced on triangle paper and most of them still need to be trimmed and cut apart.  
So now I need some ideas on what to make with them.  Whatever I do, I would like to be able to use them all in it.  Also in the basket I found a bunch more that had not been sewn yet, so I may finish those up too.  Any ideas????

 Now to recap on the past week....It is 1am right now and I just can't sleep.  I know this may be silly but Hunter rode home from Church with a friend, he is spending the night with him.  This is his first night staying anywhere except for my mom's which is right down the road.  I'm sure he will be fine but I sure am missing him.

Earlier in the week, we had to deal with this mess....  A dead oak fell across our driveway and crushed one of the gates where some of the horses are and took the fence out.   I'm just glad the horses were not standing there at the time.  This took us a while to get it cleaned up.  Richard cut it up and then we all worked on moving it.  Part of it was cut up for firewood for this winter and Richard cut 2 logs out of the rest of it to saw up on the sawmill.  We'll end up using the lumber around here somewhere.
 On the way back down to the house, I snapped this photo.  The house looks so small in this photo but I thought the sky and trees behind it looks so pretty and relaxing.
 Here is Andrew's horse, Rev.  He turned a year old in May and he is a spunky little thing!  I had him out of the stall letting him stretch his legs and getting him used to the lead rope.  He really does fine with the lead but he is still a little jumpy.  I think Andrew said he will be headed to the trainer sometime in November, I'm sure going to miss him, but he is his horse, not mine and he is paying for it.  This little guy has some great potential in the show ring.
 As most of you all know we've only been in the house for about 5 months now and we have some big plans to rework some of the property.  We have a big front yard right now but we want to extend the backyard a lot.  It still looks rather unkept but we moved the fence line back to extend it.  If you look real close you can see the white flags tied on the fence way back there, those are to help the horses remember that the fence has moved so they don't run through it.  There are a ton of rocks back there too, it will take forever to remove them.  Richard said as he gets time, he will take the tractor and blade to loosen the put so we can move them.  I will probably either use them on flowerbeds or make a rock fence back there.
 Also if you look close in the same photo (above) you can see a few dark red dots, they are these....  Hunter bought them for me for Mother's Day and I planted them back there for now.  I just needed to get them in the ground but I may move them later as I redo all of my flowerbeds too.  I didn't even put mulch around them because this is only temporary.
 Here is a closeup of one of them.  I love them.  I have the taller lilies up closer to the house.  I think I posted a photo of one of the pink ones the other day.  This morning, I noticed I had a bright orange one that had bloomed.
 And last but not least, Richard's grandmother had her 92nd birthday party on Saturday!  We spent the day with her and the family.  It was a nice time for all.
 This will be another busy week.  I have more quilting to do and a couple of doctor appointments later in the week.
Kristie

7 comments:

Yvette said...

Hi Kristie,

Do you think this HST's were for a Bonnie Hunter project? I know I have a bunch somewhere that were meant for one.

Cheryl Willis said...

I say send them to me- (just kidding, if I dig enough I may find my own set- lol)

what ever you do it will be great! cw

Janet O. said...

Broken dishes would be great with your HSTs. Also, I have an old magazine article that shows all these different blocks you can make with HSTs. If you'd like I can send you a copy.
I love the look of your home--very cozy, but I can tell it is bigger than it appears. That roof is deceptive.
Beautiful lilies. What a gorgeous, rich color!

Rhonda said...

Jacob's Ladder would be a nice use of the HSTs.
Congratulations to the Birthday Girl!!!

Melodie said...

You could make Ocean Waves, from the directions on quiltville.com You'd have to make a smaller version as hers calls for over 2000 of that size HST. Ocean Waves is on my list of quilts to make. I am currently trimming a bunch of bonus HST's down to 1 3/4 cut and I will playing with them, making 16 patches in as many different patterns as I can make, and alternating with solid squares. It is my play project.

Deb A said...

Ocean Waves jumped into my head right off! Good luck deciding! Love the pictures of the house and yard, you do have a beautiful spot there Kristie.

Elaine Adair said...

Good think that humongous tree did not land on the house, although I'm sure you will miss it!

Lots to see on your blog - love the horse and mule and trees, etc. I used to live in Knoxville, a long time ago, and sure miss GREEN.

Lovely log cabin quilt, BTW!