Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm on a roll

 Yesterday was a good quilting day!  I was up early and started quilting on another quilt.  The one on the frame now has lots of applique chickens so I will have to watch and quilt around those.  It also has some buttons and a few beads here and there so I will have to watch about those too.  It is really cute, I would like to keep it.  :)


After it got too hot upstairs to quilt at the frame, I moved my machine downstairs and did a little sewing on a few things of mine. I got all of my spiderweb blocks assembled and the borders sewn on it!  
I'm not real crazy about square quilts but I just couldn't bring myself to make any more blocks for this quilt.  I was just ready for it to be finished.  
If you look close you can see lots of UGLY fabrics mixed in with others.  I was trying to use up some of my uglies.  In the end I am pleased with how it turned out.  
So far this has been a good week, first I finished my Shades of Lilac and then yesterday I finished my spiderweb.  Now...what to work on today......after I quilt at the frame for a bit....
Kristie

6 comments:

Honey Bear said...

I like your spider web quilt. I have made only one spider web block but hope to make enough for a small quilt. I did not have a pattern so had to work to get correct measurements.

You are one busy lady and do beautiful work. I keep reading your blog to get motivated! LOL

Yvette said...

Your spider web looks great! What a great way to use up fabrics.

Saska said...

Love the red in your spiderweb top. I've got one that needs quilted! It is a good way to use a bunch of uglies! (I need to make about 10 more)!

Texan said...

My spider web quilt is 2/3 done LOL sadly like several other quilts I have in the works LOL..

Yours is lovely!

Janet O. said...

Congrats on another great flimsy finish, Kristie.
Hope your move to sewing downstairs didn't upset anyone. : )

ruthsplace said...

This is a great top. I think every quilt needs some uglies to make the 'pretties' shine.