Monday, October 8, 2012

Design Wall Monday

 Here is what I have on my design wall (floor)  I started a new quilt the other day called, Rocky Road to Kansas.  So far I am really loving it.  I have 3 more blocks that are almost finished.  I am shooting for a total of 30 blocks so that I can do a 5x6 setting and add a border on it.  
I should have had more blocks done but this kept me busy over the weekend!  It is my first treadle.  A singer 1906, model 27 treadle.  I made a little trade with a good friend of mine, she gave me the treadle and I am quilting a quilt for her.  I posted all about it in my post yesterday.  
Oh and I did manage to get one more pillowcase finished.  
To see what others are working on, check out Judy's blog.
Kristie

9 comments:

sara said...

I like your new quilt!!!!

Rhonda said...

love the quilt and I see you're trying to use up some of those ever-growing scrapes!!

Nancy E said...

Love the block! Did you use the pattern on Quilter's Cache? If not, what are you blocks?

Janet O. said...

This quilt really talks to me, Kristie. Love it!!
Still hoping a great deal like that will come along for me and land a treadle at my house. : )
Cute pillowcase!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great new blocks. I love the machine too. Your pillow case made me think I should make some.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Scrappy quilts are my favorites! I love your quilts - found you on Judy's links. My 9 year old son discovered my old treadle this summer, but it needs a new belt. Cheers! Evelyn

Floss said...

I like the scrappy back on the quilt, I think it adds more movement.

Narelle said...

Your new blocks look great ... love the pattern they form.

Gari in AL said...

Your blocks are great! I really like how they look. And, are you going to sew with your treadle or just look at it? So far all I have done with mine is look at it (had it over 6 years) but keep thinking I would like to get a belt for it and try sewing on it. I did when I was a child on my Grandma's machine.