Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I'm sewing!!!

 I'm sewing!!!  I haven't pieced in what seems like forever!  My quilting room is a big mess but I just pushed some stuff to the side and started cutting.  

A dear friend that we go to Church with asked me to make some potholders for her to give as gifts for Christmas.  She wants several sets in different themes or colors.  The first set is, the American Flag. 
 Just a quick and simple pattern. 
 I will get them quilted sometime today and maybe do the binding too.  
Kristie

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Hey, I thought I was the queen of pushing things aside so I can get to the sewing machine =). Love your little 'quilts'. She is going to love them.

Ranch Wife said...

LOL - you sound like me! I hadn't touched my machine in over a month. Those will be fun potholders!

Janet O. said...

Good for you! Looks great, Kristie.
Sometimes life just doesn't allow much sewing time, right?
I get together with my Mom once a month and work on quilts. Before I was blogging there were many times that I would be loading up my machine and supplies to go sew at Mom's and realize that I hadn't touched the machine since the last time we got together.

Michelle said...

Sewing is good for the soul, even if it is for someone else. In fact, sometimes when it is for someone else, it is even better for our souls!