Sunday, June 15, 2014

108 year old wood flooring...

Richard, Hunter and I worked on putting 108 year old wood flooring down in the master bedroom today. Only got about 1/3 of it done, my master bedroom is 20x20ft. Right now it is 2 different colors but Richard had started out running the boards through the wood planer and the planer stopped working so we are just going to put the rest of it down and then sand and redo it all at once. We removed this flooring from an old house a couple of years ago. So today, Hunter reached it to me, I cut the old ends off and cut to size and Richard put it down on the floor. I can't wait to get the rest of it down and refinished. It has been a long day...
 Here is the blog post when we tore down that old house.  We got the doors, flooring, and the claw foot bathtub.  We have used the doors and I love them, they are solid wood, beautiful doors.  The old tub still needs to be refinished and it will go in my master bath...someday.  

All of this work....and did it with a toothache!!!  I feel like I should change my name to SUPERWOMAN!  LOL! 

5 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

It's wonderful that you are able to reclaim all this wonderful salvage--and that you have the energy to do it. What a treasure your intense labor is buying!

Janet O. said...

I remember when you got the wood, doors and tub! Love stuff like this. It will be a wonderful floor--and I can't wait for you to get that tub installed!

Three Birds Inspired said...

So much hard work but it will be so very worth it in the end!

Gayle said...

It's gonna be gorgeous! We had to claw foot tub for years when the kids were small. Then they all wanted to take showers instead of baths so we remodeled and switched things up. You must be exhausted after all that hard work!

Gayle said...

It's gonna be gorgeous! We had to claw foot tub for years when the kids were small. Then they all wanted to take showers instead of baths so we remodeled and switched things up. You must be exhausted after all that hard work!