Friday, June 13, 2014

Bow Ties and Weekend Fun...

 Yesterday I cut out more bow ties and they are now ready for piecing.  I cut a total of 123 of them.  I need 220 more, other than these to get my total needed of 1080.  I can't wait to get this quilt top finished, I love the tiny 3.5" bow ties! 
 My friend that is bringing me the Singer Red Eye that I mentioned in the previous post sent me a photo of the serial number.  I checked the Singer website and it dates it from 1919.  I'm very excited.  I haven't decided if I am going to convert her over to a hand crank machine or put her in a treadle cabinet that I have.  I've been using the treadle cabinet as an entry table but it doesn't have a machine in it. 
 Richard is working tonight and is off the weekend.  Saturday we are having a cookout.  All of the guys have been catching some catfish and frogs so we will be fixing bunches of catfish and fried frog legs.  Of course we will have a few hot dogs and burgers too.  :)  Andrew and his buddy is going to try to catch a big turtle tonight and we will fix it too.  Plan on playing some horseshoes also.  Lots of back yard fun with friends and neighbors that isn't going to cost anything...that's the best kind.  I'll take plenty of photos!  :)

Still nursing my abscessed tooth, it's getting a little better.  I have to get rid of the infection before they can pull it.  I needed to have this wisdom tooth out 20+ years ago. 

I hope to do a little hand piecing tonight.  Hunter and I are planning on watching a movie.  Have you ever watched Secondhand Lions?  I like that movie, well I like anything with Robert Duvall in it.  My favorite movie of his is Lonesome Dove.  
Kristie

3 comments:

Regina said...

I need to sew some bowties...

Deb A said...

I think I'll have to do bow ties next year in the RSC challenge for my blocks. I'm always a few years late to the party!

Michelle said...

I like that movie too, although it has been awhile since I've watched it. Have fun at your party!