Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Crackers!!!

 Today while working on my bow ties I was trying to figure out what my next "small block project" would be and I think I found it! CRACKERS! 
 This morning I was piecing some of my bow ties blocks into larger blocks like these...
 As you can see I have a bunch more to sew into larger blocks and I also need to cut out 200 more blocks.  :)  I know that sounds like a lot but I am close to being finished.  I am loving this quilt so far. 
 Anyway, years ago I saw an old antique quilt made from small cracker blocks.  I fell in love with it and knew that someday I wanted to make one and I think now is the time.  :)  I'm not in a hurry and will work on it like I did my bow ties, just a little at a time. 
 I got my pattern from EQ and just made it to finish at 4" not as small as my 3" bow ties but still small.  I think I'm going to like this one too.  :)  If anyone is interested in making some of these blocks too, Quilter's Cache has the pattern for a 6" block.  :)
 I only did the six blocks to see if I was going to like the process of making them and I do so I will get back to my bow ties and get those finished so that I can move on to the CRACKERS!!!
Kristie



3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Very fun cracker blocks. I just saw them on another blog in R/W/B. This will be another great quilt.
Wow--you are getting really close on the bow ties!

Michelle said...

Awesome!!!

Gayle said...

I made a cracker quilt many years ago - think my daughter has it now. I liked it a lot and yours will be great!