Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Ton of Quilting Going On Here!!!!

 Hi All!  I'm back once again!  Hope I still have some readers out there.  I finally got the laptop fixed and I just found it really hard to type a blog post on the cell or the tablet.  So now that I have the laptop fixed I should be back in business. 

Lots of quilt pics in this post!  Life has been very busy in many ways lately but I do miss blogging.  So let me start with a few customer quilts that I have quilted.  I think these were in March.  

This first one was a beautiful queen size purple Bargello.  I really hated to give this one back because it was so pretty.  The lady won this at a family reunion.  It was just the quilt top and needed to be quilted.  Not sure who pieced it but I was told that it was pieced by a man and it was completely pieced on a serger!  
 This one was a beautiful hand pieced Double Wedding Ring pieced in the 30's.  I absolutely loved quilting this one.  This was another one that I hated to see leave.  It was pieced by this lady's mother and she was giving it to her granddaughter as a college graduation gift.  Of course, it had scalloped edges and it turned out beautifully.
 This one is one of those comfy quilts.  It was pieced by my SIL, Kellie which is a relatively new quilter and is doing an awesome job.  It is nice to have another quilter in the family to talk "quilts" with.  This is a memory quilt that she made for her father.  These were all flannel shirts and pj pants that belonged to his brother.  I saw her dad a few weeks after she gave it to him and he was absolutely in love with it.  

She backed it with flannel as well and it was just so cozy soft.
 You can really see the texture in this pic.  I quilted it with the Dazzle panto design. 
 This one was pieced by a 93 yr old lady.  I've know her for years and her husband used to preach at our church but he passed away several years back.  Her name is Joy and I must say it was a "joy" to quilt this for her. 
 This one was pieced by a dear friend.  She pieces all of her quilts by hand.  This one was made for one of her sons that is a cop.  I quilted it with a star panto design and it had a fleece backing.
 Last but not least, this was a piece of Sofia the First fabric that I quilted for my 2yr old niece that loves Sofia.  :)  I sewed the binding on and called it finished.  She loves it!
 That's all for now.  I will schedule this to post on Sunday morning but I am typing this on Saturday night.  It's been a long day.  I've spent most of it at the ER dealing with BP issues again.  It's been a long week for that.  Chest pains and pressure with a BP of 178/119.  When I got to the ER this morning it was 215/110.  Now I just feel exhausted.  

Thanks for reading and I missed you all!

8 comments:

Panto Pam said...

So happy to see your blog post this morning! Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. You did a beautiful job on the quilts! Looking forward to reading more about your quilting and canning adventures.

Deb A said...

So happy to see you blogging again. So sorry to hear of the BP issues again. Praying that it goes down and you can enjoy life again. Quilty hugs to you Kristie.

Connie said...

Sorry for the B/P issues and having to go to ER. I hope you are improved and remain so. So many gorgeous quilts!

---"Love" said...

Glad you will be blogging again! I've missed reading about your quilting. I went through a seige of computer problems a few days ago too; not fun! Neither is high B/P; do keep a watch on that! Your quilting is beautiful on those special quilts, each with their own story. They will be treasured! ---"Love"

ruthsplace said...

So lovely to see you back. I'm sorry that you are struggling with your health. I hope things improve for you soon.

Your quilting is the perfect finish for those quilts. I am so thankful for the skill of people like you that can turn our tops into true works of art.

Janet O. said...

I read your last post first--wow, you have been quilting up a storm. Especially love the plaid memory quilt and the purple bargello. Pieced on a serger? Who knew?!?
And wow--your BP has been giving you fits! Hope it can be brought under control very soon!!

Moneik said...

Beautiful quilts. Hope you get some relief and feel better soon.

Carline said...

I am glad to see you back! Sorry about the BP issues though. My hubby is dealing with the same things so I have asked him to stop drinking all the coke with caffeine and eating fast food loaded with salt. He eats like that when he is NOT with me. I have started making him lunches again to hopefully keep him from going to McDonalds.

I am enjoying the quilts you have quilted. I was in a quilting funk, but just came home from a Bonnie Hunter retreat so I am all stoked again to quilt. My picture happens to be on Bonnie 's blog this morning with my first Dolly quilt. What a shock to see that this morning.

Thanks for sharing. You will be in my prayers.