Monday, May 22, 2017

Two Memory Quilts

 A dear friend of mine contacted me several months back asking if I could make a Cross quilt out of her father's shirts that had passed away.  I've made several of these memory quilts and she had saw one and wanted one as well.  

I pressed, cut the shirts and pieced this memory top of her.  Then I quilted it on the longarm.  I forgot the name of this quilting panto that I used but I love the texture that it gave the quilt.
 A close up view...
 She was very pleased with the final result and asked me if I had enough leftover shirt fabric to make a baby quilt for her grandson that is on the way.  She sent me a pic of what she had in mind so this is the end result.  Btw...his name starts with a "H"
 She loved it and so did her daughter.  I quilted this one with a star design.  The backing is a minke and it quilted up nicely. 
 I've spent most of the day on the couch again dealing with blood pressure issues.  Sadly I didn't even go to Church today, I just wasn't up to it.  Anyway, I have planned all day to work on some EPP while I have some downtime but I honestly just didn't have the energy to even do that.  I will say that my BP is still running crazy high but I am feeling a tad better tonight.  

So I guess that is all for this post.  I have so many quilts (past and present) to share with you.  


8 comments:

julieQ said...

Lovely memory quilt you have created!! Hey, I sure hope your bp is better!!! That is awful feeling.

Connie said...

Excellent quilts, I love them.
Wishing you better days with your B/P.
xo

---"Love" said...

Both quilts are beautiful and will become family treasures. Get some rest, and don't stress out! ---"Love"

Gayle said...

Amazing that you, Janet O. and I have all been making memory quilts from men's shirts lately - fun to see that they're all turning out differently too! Nice of you to do this for a friend....

The Joyful Quilter said...

BOTH quilts are sure to be cherished by the recipients!!

Janet O. said...

As Gayle said, it struck me as quite a coincidence that the three of us are all making memory quilts. You made two beautiful ones!
So sorry to hear the blood pressure is giving you fits. That is hard. I will keep you in my prayers!

ruthsplace said...

Beautiful quilts! I can always tell when I'm feeling poorly as I don't want to do any handwork either. I hope you feel better soon.

Moneik said...

Beautiful quilts. They both look great. Enjoy your EPP time. I know I wish I had more down time to stitch.