Thursday, March 21, 2019

Loving this quilt...

 I didn't get everything done that I had planned.  LOL!  I knew that wasn't going to happen.  :)  I did get the binding sewn by hand on the cardinal quilt.  I also got this queen size quilt loaded and about 2/3 of it quilted. 
 I'll have to say that I'm anxious to post a pic of the whole quilt once I get it finished.  This is a customer quilt that is pieced from 10" squares.  The most awesome thing about it is that none of the fabrics go together normally but once pieced together they look awesome!  Does that make sense?  :)  The more that I look at it the more that I love it.  The lady's mom is the one that sent it to me and she said that they were planning on making a duvet cover with it.  She just wanted a simple stipple quilted on it.  

I also made 20 Breakfast Bombs for the freezer before 6:30am yesterday!  LOL!  Freezer meals changed my life many years ago and I use them a lot.  These are for breakfast and consist of hash browns, sausage, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and cheese.  I just lay one out the night before to thaw and pop it in the oven while Richard is in the shower and they are done by the time he gets out.  Sometimes he puts a little salsa on them and eats.  A good filling breakfast that saves me time.  I don't eat them because I'm diabetic but Richard and the boys love them. 
 I mentioned in my last post that Richard was on vacation starting yesterday.  He is so bad to just pop it on me and not tell me.  He thinks it's funny because I'm a person that has to plan and schedule everything and something like that rocks my world.  LOL!  So yesterday he tells me that he is actually off for 2 WEEKS!!!!  Oh my!  That really throws me off.  :)  I love having him home but it just really throws my routine off.  Does this make sense?  :)  We really don't have any plans, he's just going to catch up on a few things outside.  

So this morning I am going to finish quilting this quilt.  Then I plan on trimming and adding borders (hopefully) to my SIL Kellie's quilt.  Oh I can't wait to show it to you.  It is awesome!!! 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't think I would like to have it sprung on me that it was vacation time and I didn't know it - but then I always wanted to go someplace and would have needed to know!

---"Love" said...

You didn't get everything done that you had planned? What a shame! I never get everything done that I have planned! Lately, I haven't really even gotten started on my plans! I'm looking forward to seeing the whole quilt when you can show it. I"m sure it will be very interesting. ---"Love"

Panto Pam said...

I completely understand! Give me a heads up so I can deal with the change to my schedule so that my head doesn't explode! LOL! :)