Saturday, March 30, 2019

Started a new one...

 Thanks for the wonderful comments on my SIL's quilt.  :)  She gave it to my brother and he loved it.  :)

I worked on my applique block.  I had it ironed to the background but hadn't stitched around it.  I got all of the green done but not the tulips yet.  After I get this first block done I will prep another.
 While I was working on the applique Richard built a grape arbor for me!!!  He is just so awesome!!!  I love it!!!
 He's still on vacation and Thursday had some nice weather so we took the motorcycle out for a little ride.  It was nice but a little windy.  We had a wonderful time.  In the pic we had stopped by the lake.  We rode about 110 miles.  Can't wait for warmer weather so we can do more riding.  :) 

 Friday we had errands to run.  Richard took his bow and had some work done on it.  He loves archery.  Picked up a few things from Sam's.  Stopped by Joann's and picked up these fabrics.  Not for any particular project but just to add to the stash.  :)  I got 1/2 yard of each.
 This came in the mail so I thumbed through it a bit after we got home.  I was tired so I really didn't feel like doing much.  I've been eyeing this book for a while.  I love the quilt!  I know that I really don't have time to start this quilt but I did do a block.  :)
 This is Block #1.  I'm not using the fabric colors suggested in the book, I'm just going to use my scraps for it.  Not in any big hurry for this quilt but I figure I could do a few blocks a week on it and eventually get it done.  As the cover of the books says, the blocks are 4x5 inches. 
 Shew...this momma is nervous.  LOL!  Andrew put in an offer on an apartment building.  It's a 3 unit building.  He has always wanted to have rental property even as a child.  He is now 26 and works 100+ hours a week.  He has been working hard for this.  Praying that the Lord will guide him in the right direction with this.  Right now the building is full with tenants but he may end up living in the smaller unit and continue renting out the other 2 apartments.  Not sure yet.  Anyway he put in an offer and now we wait...

Today I hope to work on a couple Lori Holt blocks and maybe another Anthology block.  Oh and maybe work on the purple tulip applique.  I don't like much finishing up that block.  I also have a customer t-shirt quilt that I need to work on.  I am so grateful for the customer work but I'm feeling a tad burned out right now.  I'm sure that will pass.  All that I can think about is wanting to work on something of my own.  LOL!  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sounds like such a grown up son that you have! I will keep my fingers crossed for him. So many young people at that age are still living with mommy and daddy and do not have enough money to do anything - it sounds like you raised him right!
Did you get the book from the Martingale sale? I got the Big Book of Civil War quilts and tons of patterns in it

Janet O. said...

Love that grape arbor! Does Richard hire out? LOL
A pretty selection of fabrics you brought home.
What a unique block--but then I guess they will all have to be unique in some way in order to finish at 4x5". Definitely not a shape to which we quilters are accustomed.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck to your son. That is AWESOME!! It will be a great investment for him, especially if he lives in one of the units as an on-site manager for a time. What a smart boy you have!