Sunday, September 30, 2007

NOTHING

Not alot accomplished this weekend. When I got up Saturday morning at 7:00am the horses were out again!!! I had to pick Andrew up at 9am so I called mom to come out and get Hunter up and dressed for me so I could walk the fence line in the daylight. I got Storm and Beauma back in and fed them all. I got the hammer and nails and walked the fence. Now most of the fence is in the woods. So when I got over to the part that connects our property and moms, down in the middle of the woods their was a tree that had fallen on the fence. I could not lift is so I had to hurry back to the house and get the chainsaw to cut it up. I got it cut up and off of the fence and then had to nail the barbed wire back up. Then rush back to the house, get Hunter, run and pick up Andrew. He went to a football game on Friday night and stayed with a friend. I promised him that I would take him Saturday morning to get his bow adjusted so he could go hunting. So we got that done and back home again. Richard got home a few minutes later. He went in at midnight to work so he had a short weekend.

Richard then went to look at some logs that a guy wants cut up, Andrew went out to practice shooting his bow and took Hunter with him and I hit the couch for about 3 hours. I was so tired, I guess from no sleep the night before. After that I did NOTHING! Well, I did make a few more hairbows for my niece, but that was it.

Sunday was another NOTHING day. Helped Richard a little bit work on the tractor. Well, actually he did most of the work, I just handed him the tools and talked. I just don't know how he does it, he never stops or complains. I asked him if he wanted me to get a job so that he could slow down some, but his response was "No, you have a full-time job taking care of all of us." This is the first time in my life that I have not worked. I got my first job when I was 16 and worked non-stop thru college and everything. I quit work about 3 or 4 years ago. I love my life at home, but I would go back to work if it would help take some stress off of him.

Tomorrow I promised the boys that I would take them to "Borders" Borders is a hunting store in Ashland, which is about 90 minutes away. I think mom is going to ride down with us. The boys are on Fall Break this week so I hope to do some special things with them.

So this was my NOTHING weekend.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Nothing weekends are sometimes what we need to get us back on track. So far today I've had a nothing day and it's been wonderful. Enjoy your week with the boys. Make some memories.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I had a nothing weekend, too! Sometimes it is nice and just what you need to prepare for your week! Enjoy the week with the boys!

Jen said...

I don't know, cutting down a tree doesn't sound like doing NOTHING to me! You needed to just hang out after that.

Moneik said...

I really need a nothing weekend every once in a while. I had a nothing sewing weekend and it about killed me. I need to get back to my sewing.

Michelle said...

Kristie,
Your life sounds FAR from nothing. You seem to forget your normal routines are a workout! You deserve to take a nap and relax!
Have a wonderful week with your kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
My goodness, you do have a full time job! You manage the house and all the animals. Just reading your 'nothing' weekend was exhausting me! Hope you get the quilt bug back soon, I miss seeing all your beautiful quilts!Enjoy your week off with the boys.
Deb (vtquilter)