Friday, December 3, 2010

Today's progress

I didn't get as much done today as I did yesterday but that's fine. Early this morning, I finished the binding on this quilt for my nephew. Tonight I will work on the binding on that big Pink Bargello for my sister.Mom called today and wanted me to drive her to town, she needed to stop by the bank and stuff. So I stopped by the mailbox on the way out, (my mailbox is down at the main road, about 1 mile away) Anyway, here is a photo of some goodies that I got!!!! Sweet Libby sent me some pinks for Bonnie's Mystery quilt!!!! I didn't have a big selection of them so she sent me so more!!! And look at this great pattern! I certainly plan on making one of those pincushions and bag for myself after Christmas! Thank you sooooooo much Libby! You are very sweet!

Looking through my quilts and photos today, I don't think I ever showed this quilt after it was quilted! It is one that I did the binding on several weeks back. I really like it and I did a ton of quilting on it as you can see the quilting really shows up in the borders.
Oh while mom and I were in town today we stopped by Peebles and they had this Jim Shore Santa on Clearance!!! Regular $50 and I got it for $15!!!! He is really cute!
I guess that is about all for tonight! Expecting snow tomorrow!! Got a nice big fire going in the fireplace!!
Kristie

5 comments:

Libby said...

Yay!! They got to you fast!! I hope that you can use them!
I love that quilt you made, I have said it before but you do the best scrap quilts!!! They are always so special!
Love the Jim Shore Santa!..and $15 you got a great deal!

Cheryl Willis said...

the santa is adorable, I am doing a self imposed NO BUY on holiday items to make up for my lapses on fabric purchases this year.
I would have picked him up in a heart beat. (I don't seem to do to good on NO BUYS!)

Yvette said...

You are so great at quilting pantographs. I still can't get over that you haven't even been doing it that long.

What a great find! That Jim Shore Santa is adorable!

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now, but have never posted before. I just wanted to drop in and tell you how much I love the quilting you do. Your quilts look soft and inviting to snuggle up in. I know everyone has different opinions, but I just don't care for some of the quilts I see in other places that are so tightly quilted they look like a board. You do really good!

I hope you and your mom are feeling better really soon and pray a speedy recovery for both of you.

A little over seven years ago, I had both my knees replaced at the same time. I thought I was never going to get well. LOL I did though, and so thankful I had it done. I can really sympathize with you although our "hurts" were not the same kind.

Take care, better days are will be here soon . . .

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job on the bindings! And that quilt is gorgeous!! Sweet Libby!!! Isn't she the best?

Big score on the Jim Shore!!!

LOL I'm a poet and didn't know it! giggle