So while he was doing that I was doing this...trying to tidy up one of my cabinets that I have quilt stuff stored in. I am planning to tidy everything up over the next several months so that I will not have to sort through everything when we do have to pack up and move in the new house. Hopefully when we do get moved in I will be alot more organized. Alot of the problem now is that I don't have any extra space.
Several of these things I had forgotten about. Here are some paper-pieced flying geese that I was making out of scraps. This may end up being a small wallhanging or a table runner.Here is a basket of purple scraps that I planned on using for a string pieced wallhanging or tablerunner.A little container of recycled papers that I had precut for small string pieced blocks. These are extra homework papers that belonged to Hunter that the school had sent home with them over SUMMER break to work on if they wanted to. Let's just say "Hunter didn't want to" and I didn't make him, I really didn't want him to have to do school work during his break. So I cut them up for quilt blocks! LOL!
I finally found the red binding that I had cut for Hunter's sailboat quilt! The quilt is quilted, now it just needs this binding on it.
Several hundred yo-yo's! Some are done and some still need to be sewn. I usually work on these on the go, doctor appointments and stuff like that. This one will be for Hunter, it will probably end up the same size as Andrew's yo-yo quilt which had 2000 yo-yo's in it.
Here is the shelf in this cabinet that all of this came out of. You can see it is still a mess and you can see there are more yo-yo's in there. Several patterns, some pantos, books, junk, and a little bit of everything.
And here is another tub of fabric that needs sorted. I showed another one of these the other day. I have 4 or 5 of these that need to be sorted. This ranges from yardage to strings.
I also pressed some of my Mystery pieces. I'm still plugging along on this project. I really do like how everyone else's is turning out. So I'm anxious to get mine done too.Here is another photo of my potholder blocks that need to be trimmed up before I can layer them for quilting. As you can see by the "Halloween" fabric with the eyes, I used everything!
So after I sorted through that stuff, I settled down with Hunter to play a game of Monopoly! Oh he beat me soooooo bad! But it was lots of fun spending the "special time" with him.
Now it is almost 3:30 pm, I'm off to take a short nap and then to finish up supper! Hopefully I can do a little bit of sewing late tonight.