Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cathedral Windows

 In my last post I mentioned that I wanted to "relax" and "laugh more"  Well......I guess that I have been.  I've been trying not to stress too much over the silly things.  

The past few days have been very busy.  Andrew goes back to college on Monday.  I'm so proud of him, but I also miss seeing him as much.  This semester he will be going 5 days a week, so I told him that he will have to cut back on his hours at work.  There is just no way that he can go to school 5 days a week, work 50 hours a week, and keep his grades up.  

This month has been a little slow for me as far as quilting.  I feel like I've had a slow start.  :(  This is the horrible sight of my cutting table....such a mess.  
I also want you to look what I found on my cutting table...food coloring and a lego?????  Makes me wonder what is in the mind of my 10 yr old, then again I might not want to know.  LOL!  
I've done a little bit of mindless piecing the past couple of days but not really enough to mention.  I have this pail of crumbs sitting by my treadle that I have been piecing on.  I think that I will just leave it by my treadle so that I can work on it from time to time.  
Oh and Leo likes to come upstairs and visit with me while I am sewing or cleaning.  He mostly likes to snooze.  I had an old quilt in the floor up here for him to lay on but I think he got hot and just moved off of it.  He is doing well and gaining weight, thank goodness, I was worried at first because he was so sick.  That is the problem with shelter dogs, you just never know what they have been through.  I'm glad that we got him and he seems to love his new home.  
 Yesterday I was moving some stuff around and ran on to part of my Cathedral Windows quilt that I had started back in 2008.  I was excited to find it.  It isn't something that I plan on working on right now but it was nice to find it again.  The colored squares are 2 inches so I may throw a few of those in the basket from time to time for it.  
 I always thought that the Cathedral Window pattern looked so hard but I found this really great tutorial here She has the link to it on her sidebar.  I think she has a couple different ones but it is the first one.  

I guess that is all for now.  I need to straighten up a few things and then press my clothes for Church in the morning.  :)  
Kristie

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Keep smiling and giggling!

Janet O. said...

Leo looks SO comfy! : )
I have always thought Cathedral Windows looked hard, too. It is beautiful.

Janice said...

I love the fabrics. Especially the background for the Dresden. I also have the Jim shore nativity and I keep it a place if honor all year round. Thanks for sharing.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Smiling and laughing are great goals!! I think that I have to straighten my studio up at least once a week. :)