Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hexagon Class!!!

 I am so excited!!!  I am working with the Kentucky Community of Sharing program and doing a quilting class on the Grandmother's Flower Garden and other quilts using the hexagon shape. 
As of right now we are FULLY BOOKED!!!  They will be adding other names to the waiting list for hopefully another class in the future!  Kristie, (not me) one of the coordinators told me that they have never had a class fill up so fast for anything.  That makes me happy and a little nervous as well.  

I've spent the past day or so assembling kits and printing off information sheets.  I have lots of samples of different designs with the hexagons and other English Paper Piecing patterns as well as a finished Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  

This is a photo of the colorway used in the kits.  
 I will be teaching both the traditional basting method of using thread as well as the modern technique of using a glue stick.  They will be able to try both and decide which way is best for them.  

Again, I am very excited and can not wait!  I'll admit yesterday I was nervous but today I am just excited!  

I'll have photos to post after the class.  :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Have fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun!!

Deb A said...

Good luck! You will do great Kristie.

Michelle said...

So exciting! Congratulations and good luck!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear how your class went.