Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Past Quilts,,,

Since I don't have a lot of new progress to show you, I thought I would show you a few past quilts that were made years ago.  I'm still slowly working on my zig-zag quilt but there are only so many strip sets that you can show.  This is one of those quilts that you don't have anything interesting until it is finished.

First up is a quilt that I made 9 or 10 years ago.  If I remember correctly it is called, "stairway to Heaven"  I would have to look to be sure but I do have them all documented with the name and date for each quilt.  I really liked putting this one together.  
I don't remember the exact name of this one, but it was a Thimbleberries pattern that I got out of one of my books.  It is huge!!  Sadly it is still just a quilt top and hasn't ever been quilted.
I enjoyed this one too.  Very colorful and fast to put together. 
This one makes me want to cry.  Seeing Andrew so young and now he is 20.  This is his yo-yo quilt that I made for him.  The first one that I made had 2500 yo-yo's in it and I gave it to my mom.  Afterwards, Andrew was hurt because he wanted it so I made him one.  It took a long time too and it has 2000 yo-yo's in it. 
Speaking of yo-yo's, you know how kids are.  A few years ago, Hunter wanted one because Andrew had one so I am slowly working on Hunter's.  I only have about 1/4 of it done.  

I guess that is all for now.
Kristie

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Beautiful quilt show this morning! Yo-Yo's would be a great hand project for the front porch with all this heat. Hope you are staying cool. Have a great day.

Janet O. said...

I enjoyed seeing some past projects, Kristie.
I'm blown away by all the yo-yos. I've still never made a single one!

lil red hen said...

Kristie, all the quilts are very pretty, but the first one is fantastic! I love all the color flow.

Regina said...

Love the "blast from the past" and so glad you have one with your son in it -that really makes for great quilty memories!

Kentucky Granny said...

Let us know how that ruler works. I thought about buying it and would love your opinion on it. Beautiful quilts and handsome boys.