Sunday, November 1, 2009

Early Morning Piecing

Hunter had a wonderful time last night Trick-or-Treating. He was dressed as Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars. I think he was more interested in swinging the light saber around than he was getting the candy. We did have a nice time, but we were real tired by the time we got back home.
Here is a photo that I took last night of the sky...
What does a quilter do when she wakes up at 4am on a Sunday morning? First she makes a pot of coffee and then she starts cutting out quilt pieces. :) Actually I did work a little bit on my Red and White quilt, but you can't tell that I got that much done on it, because I was just cutting the strips into sections. That got a little old so I cut out 2 blocks from two of the new quilt books that I bought on Friday. I love these blocks but I think at least one of these will become a quilt!
This first block is called "Double X Variation" I love the quilt in the book and the block is not a hard block but I don't know if I would want to make enough of these to make a whole quilt. I think I will make another one of these later when it is not so early and see if I like the piecing process of it better the second time around. :) The block is a 10 1/2 inch block.

I do believe this second block will end up being a whole quilt! I love this block to and I did enjoy making it. Not at all hard but ends up being a nice looking block. This one is called "Turkey Tracks" and measures to 11 inches. I think I will cut a few more of these out and work on them along the way.
I really would like to get my red and white quilt pieced by the end of November. I do love the pattern for it. But I think I may throw in a few of the Turkey Track blocks along the way too. The quilt calls for 42 of these blocks with sashings between.
Also this morning, while piecing these two blocks I started a leader and ender project. Just scrap 2 1/2 inch blocks for 4 patches and 9 patches. I have a quilt in mind for those too.
Now I need to get breakfast done before Church...
Kristie

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Such beautiful blocks...you do such fast gorgeous work..don't see how you accomplish so much in such a short period of time.

Me too, got to get ready for Sunday School and church.

Michelle said...

Hunter looks cute, and I love your blocks, especially the turkey tracks block.
Have a great Sunday!
Michelle

Libby said...

Very Nice blocks...gee, I didnt get anything done before church..except breakfast!

Rogers Family said...

your son looks great in his costume. I am always in awe in how much wrk you can get done,now i just need to make myself sit down for atleast 15 min a day and do something lol.
enjoy seeing your horses. I need to get mine posted as well, and the other critters we have, goats, chickens, ducks that is just outside
deana in texas

Kelly Ann said...

Your sky picture is beautiful...the sky looks like it's on fire...wow...

KyQuiltlady said...

I am glad Hunter had a good time Trick or Treating. I am sure Andrew enjoyed taking care of the candy. I like the sky picture, and I love taking pics of the sky. I like both blocks but lean toward the red one. I just love red and white quilts.

Texan said...

4... a.m.??? Does every clock have a 4 a.m.?? mmm I don't think mine does ...ROFL

Lovely blocks :O)