Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving and Sad News

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have so many Blessings to be thankful for today and every day.

Last night a woke to the sound of the phone ringing at 1am! Of course that always scares me when the phone rings in the middle of the night. I rushed and answered it! It was an Emergency Recording stating that there was an elderly lady that was missing in the area! She is 79 yr old and from Ohio but visiting relatives for the holiday. She has ALZHEIMER'S and had wandered off. She was last seen wearing jeans, a short sleeved blouse and one shoe. How terrible is this? To think that this poor lady is out there cold, lost and could be hurt. It just breaks my heart. Of course I could not rest after that so I got up not too long after that. I checked our local news online and they still have not found her. Here is the article. I've heard the helicopters going over several times searching for her. So just remember this dear lady and pray that she is somewhere safe and that they find her soon. I just can't imagine if this was my family.

5 comments:

Libby said...

That is really terrible! That family must be just torn up! I'm praying for them! I hope that you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

I prayed for the missing woman as well. Oh, how sad. I pray she is found safe and sound very soon. How cold is it in Kentucky right now?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for your gift of friendship.
Love,
Michelle

Gina said...

How awful for all the family. I hope she is found safe and well soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Rhonda said...

Bless her heart...my prayers are with her to be found and for her family to have courage.
A warm Thanksgiving to you and your family. I've already had 2 dinners so I'm nice a full.

Anita said...

Hope they find the missing lady soon and she is okay just cold. I hope you managed to have a good Thanksgiving.