Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Journey has started...

My Journey has started...My Dear Jane Journey that is... I only have two of the blocks finished for the DJ but at least it is a start. I made one last night and the other this morning. I think they are probably two of the easier blocks, so I started on them first. I am in no big rush to finish this quilt, but I will say that SOMEDAY it will be finished. These blocks are 4.5 inches finished.


I made this block a few minutes ago for my Civil War Diary quilt. This block is called "Sugarcane" only 24 pieces but it still took me a while. I am paper piecing most of these for better accuracy. I will probably make another block or two later in the evening, but right now I think I will take a nap. This block makes 26/121, so only 95 more to go!!!Andrew and Richard are out Turkey hunting today and have been gone most of the day. Hunter went to Church and Sunday School with Mom and I stayed in bed and slept! Now I'm tired again!!! I don't really have the energy to fix supper so I guess we will just have hotdogs or something quick and simple. Off for a nap....

10 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Nice DJ Blocks!

Carla said...

Your blocks are lovely. Are the DJ and Civil War blocks about the same size? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go find the Civil War book!

Sara said...

Love those blocks! They look great! Hope all of you start feeling better soon! I hate having to wear a monitor like Andrew will, but it will go by fast. I'll be praying for all of you!

Rose Johnston said...

Great job with the blocks!! I love your colours, so pretty!!!

Yvette said...

Very pretty fabric you are using for your DJ.

Unknown said...

This is a good start on the DJ and I agree with the others your fabrics are so great.

Moneik said...

Great blocks. I'm sure it will go together in time. It's the journey of the quilt you will remember.

Toni said...

welcome to the madness!! LOL You'll enjoy the process, I'm sure!

jillytacy said...

The quilt blocks look good. I hope you're feeling a little better each day. You're in my thoughts.

Shelina said...

Welcome to DJ! I've been making blocks a couple of years, and it is still a lot of fun. I take long breaks and then I work on them fast and furious. I'm working on them again now, not sure about the fast and furious part yet.