Thursday, April 10, 2008

Now I Can Laugh About It!!!

I worked on my "Mini Booty Swap" quilt today. I got quite abit done on it. The photo is blurred just incase she reads my blog. Anyway, I'm pleased with how it is turning out and I hope she really likes it. I still have a little while before it has to be mailed. I think the deadline is May 31st.

Richard got home early today somewhere around 2pm. He started working on the house and as you can see in the photo he did make some progress. The wall that he is putting up is about 4 ft from the edge and will be the back wall of that bedroom. We will have a barn style roof so the walls will be a little slanted on the outside walls. So this wall will make the room look straight and each bedroom upstairs will have 2-6ft closets and an 8ft space between that will have a built in entertainment center or desk and book shelf areas. So that is what you see in this photo...two openings for closet doors and the 8 ft section. And if you look REAL close you can see Richard up there nailing on one of the rafters.

Now the funny part!!!! I am extremely afraid of heights!!!!! Richard has asked me for days to get up on the second floor to look how big it is and look at the view of the property from that angle. I kept refusing but today I got the big idea that I would face my fears and climb the ladder!!!!! Just as soon as I got up there I got so dizzy! I instantly started crying and I couldn't breathe. I was about to pass out! From time-to-time I have panic attacks and if you have ever had one you know how scary they are. Richard was trying to hold be and talk to me and I was just freaking out. He kept telling me I had to get back down....well that was easy for him to say. But I was not going back down that ladder and I did not want to be up there either! I started vomiting and I had to pee and all this time I couldn't breathe and was still crying. I ended up down on my hands and knees because I couldn't stand and I was trying to crawl! I was going nuts!!!
I told him I was not going down the ladder but he had to get me down. He said he would even tie a rope around me and help me down the ladder! That just wasn't going to work for me either. After about 45 minutes and 5 piles of vomit later (sorry) he said "Baby, if you can't go back down the ladder I will have to call the fire department to get you down!" So that made me worse, just thinking of the fire department having to come and get me down. In the end...he got on the ladder with me and held me as we stepped to the bottom. It was terrible!!!!!
Now that it is over I can laugh about it! Can you imagine, we live in a very small town and everyone knows everything that goes on. If the fire department had to come to get me off the SECOND floor, it would have made the front page of our newspaper! I would have died!!! In all honesty it's not even that high up, I think it was just the fact that I had to use a ladder and had no stairs and when I got up there there were no walls or anything! It just really freaked me out. So now everyone in the family is giving a hard time about it and if it had been anyone else but me I would be laughing my butt off too.
Kristie



12 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh you poor thing! It is funny in one way but not really. Being scared is not my way of having fun. I don't like heights...no roller coaster or similar rides for me. I want my feet on the ground.

You will have just wait for the stairs to go in and then you can view the second floor ...and the outside country side.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

WOW... I'd never of imagined a fear that bad.

I sure do hope he has winddow cleaning on the upper story figured out that you needn't be doing it... UUUGH.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristie! How terrible! Fear is fear. I freak out on the merging freeways and am absolutely terrified too. I understand it very well. Glad you got down safe, but your poor tummy!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You are so funny! Fears can be a horrible thing, but look at the big step you made just doing it! Way to go!
Have you got your OC fabrics, yet?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You are so funny! Fears can be a horrible thing, but look at the big step you made just doing it! Way to go!
Have you got your OC fabrics, yet?

Gina said...

You poor love. I completely understand because I've been there.
I was cleaning the kitchen window and got up onto the work surface to reach. I froze and had to attract the attentions of a passer by to come and help me off. I was so embarrassed.
There was also a time when I was younger and my father arranged for me to do the Royal Marine assault course ( Richard will like this one). I got to the top of the climbing nets and froze. It took 3 Marines to get me down. I was 18 and had the best and worst 15 mins all in one go.
love and hugs xxx

Regina said...

So glad you got down and can smile about this now. Fear is a powerful thing.

can't wait until you have stairs and walls and can go up and down all you like!!!

Unknown said...

I know what you are talking about when it comes to panic attacks, you are just helpless.

Norma said...

We all have something that freaks us out. I don't like to drive and you don't like to climb! Sounds like you have a very supportive husband to help you through things. It helps to have someone who understands by your side.

Colleen said...

How scary that must have been for you! (although it had me laughing so hard I had tears falling). Perhaps Richard should work on the stairs next...

Michelle said...

I can just imagine who scared you were. How aweful! You tried it though, which is more than I think I would have done. Good for you. I'm glad you are back on solid ground!

Jen said...

I can't blame you for being scared. I'm not necessarly afraid of heights...but when there's no safety feature I can't do it. Like being on a roof...but I could be in the St. Louis arch. Know what I mean. I'm surprised my mom didn't jump in with her story about being on the roof of our old house!!