Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Friendship Basket Blocks

This is what I got done today! I have made 8 of these blocks. Two of each set of fabrics. I now have a total of 8 blocks and they will be set on point. This will make a nice lap-sized quilt. By the time that I add my setting triangles and a border, it will be the perfect size. I had planned on making it larger but I just don't want to make anymore and I don't want to put it in my UFO pile so I will stop now and add the borders. This is only one block but you will see the others when I get it all sewn together.

I got the pattern out of an old magazine that I have. It is an early 2001 issue of "Traditional Quiltworks" I loved the quilt in the magazine and had planned on making it for a long time, but just never got around to it. The blocks measure 15 inches and is called "Friendship Baskets" I dug out some setting and border fabric that I've had for a while. It is just a solid olive green fabric. I'm sure something else would look better but I don't want to have to buy anymore until I use some of this other fabric up. I'm not sure if I will work on it anymore tonight or not, right now I am just tired and am starting to get a headache. If I start feeling a little better I may try to finish the top, it won't take that long to do it.

The boys have been cleaning their room ALL DAY and it still isn't clean. It was a mess, there was just a small path from the door to the bed. I don't know how they could stand it but I swore that I would not clean it. It was their room they can keep it clean.
Kristie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don´t understand how you manage to sew so many beautiful things, there is always something after each day, wow...

Amelia said...

All the points look perfect. Your work is astounding!

Boys and cleaning their room...not a very good mixture.

Cindy said...

You're my inspiration. Everything that you make I just love. Now if I could just keep at my sewing I'd be better off but I get distracted so easily.
When Jen was young the first day off of school was always the day for cleaning her bedroom. Until that day would come I just didn't venture in there or I'd close the door.

Gina said...

well done on getting your boys to clean their room. Gemma's is exactly the same and I've earmarked sunday as the day she's cleaning hers. Her favourite TV programme is on in the evening so no clean no Tv.

love and hugs xxx

Moneik said...

that block is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure the boys are getting a lot done. I always needed mom's help as it would get so bad in my room!

Jen said...

That's a really neat block. Your points are so perfect. Great job.