Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quilts for Christmas!

As most of you know I have been a little lazy with my Christmas sewing. Actually, I haven't done any Chistmas sewing. Now at the last minute I am in the mood to give a "quilty gift" so I have been digging through my piles of quilts and have decided on 4 quilts to give. I still have a few more that I need to pick out quilts for, but at least this is a start. All four quilts are Queen size.

I can actually go ahead and show these since none of these people read my blog.

Quilt 1 ~ Tennessee Puzzle~~ goes to Richard's Aunt Carol. She lives with and takes care of his Grandmother, so I feel she deserves one. Actually, this will make her 2nd quilt from me.



Quilt 2 ~ Spinning Pinwheels~~ Goes to my MIL. This is her 2nd quilt from me.

Quilt 3 ~ Martha Washington's Star~~ Goes to my sister, Chantal. I can't remember how many quilts that I have given to her, but I can tell you this is NOT the first. She has several.


Quilt 4~ Butterflies and Roses, goes to Richard's Grandmother. This will be her 3rd quilt from me.

I still have a few more that I need to pick out, but I will quit for tonight, I am getting nervous, these are hard to give away. :)

Kristie


8 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Wow, did you just whip them up recently? Good job.
Thanks for the visit, most appreciated, leads me to a new great site as well.
Historical romances, my favourite books as well.....do you read georgette heyer, who in my humble opinion is the queen? Tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

OK, I read more carefully and they are from your stash....great stash!
Love all the patterns...sorry to hear about the Graves disease but I'm sure the treatment will help and anything is better than the big C...hopefully the abstinence will make the heart grow fonder...and not have to last too long! -I can see my DH saying..."how sick can it make me?-I'll take the risk!" Tracey

Gina said...

well done you for giving them away. I really struggle to give my quilts away and malcolm hates it. I've made loads of quilts withthe intention of giving them to people but malcolm talks me out of it and keeps them all.

love and hugs xxx

Moneik said...

You are going to make a great Christmas for a lot of people. I'm sure they will all love your quilts and appreciate the work that went into them. I love the giving aspect of quilting.

Unknown said...

What beautiful quilts, but oh how I just love that bed they are sitting on.

Cindy said...

All of your quilts are beautiful and everyone who receives one from you is very blessed.

Unknown said...

It seems like you have a quilt shop, you can just go and pick out a quilt to give!

Jen said...

I love that you have a stash of quilts that you can go through to get gifts out of!