Sunday, December 23, 2007

Long Arm Machine?????

Okay, I just got a phone call from a friend of ours that owns a warehouse down South. The warehouse is a sewing factory that made bed comforters! Now, he has an industrial sewing machine that has a 22 1/2 in throat! Now I was thinking that it would be perfect to put on my quilting frame that Richard is going to make me. So here I was all excited, and he even guaranteed it to work. But now my question is.....He said the motor was underneath the machine. Now can he modify my frame for that machine to work????? He lives up here down the road from me, but his son still lives down South. He is going to take some photos next week and email them to me!!! So please if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Now I need to COMPLAIN!!! Most of you all know that I live on a farm and enjoy doing alot of things the old way. We usually have a hog or pig, whatever you want to call them. And we butcher at least one a year for meat. Back in the early Spring we bought a small pig and it died a couple of days after we bought it. We got it from a friend of ours so he was very nice about it and said he would give us another on when we wanted it. Now we only paid $45 for it then, so he called last night said he had one that was 300lb and was ready to butcher. He said he wanted $100 for it but we could pay him $50 and we would call it even. Now where Richard and Andrew both killed deers this year I don't have alot of extra room in my freezer. So Richard called another friend of his and asked if he wanted to buy half of it and we both split the meat. He said yes and Richard is picking it up in the morning and we are butchering it this weekend. Now when I say WE butcher it, I mean we kill it, cut it up and package all of the meat ourselves. This is a BIG job and a BIG mess! But at least we know how it is handled and know that we get all of our meat back. So the deal was that they come out and help us and take half, his wife just called and said she would buy the packaging supplies but she wasn't doing any of it. Now that really pisses me off. I don't think it is fair that I should have to package ALL of it up. 300 lbs is alot of meat of one person to have to package by themselves. Richard said for me to throw their half in a garbage bag and send it to them. Am I wrong to be pissed off???
Kristie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

No you are NOT, of course she has to come and pack her half of it, I know what a big job this is as we have often done it. You should do what your DH says just put it in a big bag or whatever and she can pack it herself.

Cindy said...

You have every right to be mad. There's no way you should have to do all the work and they just sit back and do none. I'd do what Richard says just put it in a bag and they can do it themselves.

Michelle said...

You are not wrong to be pissed off, and if I were you, I would just tell your friend forget it, and find someone else who might want it. Do you have room to store it? Just keep it. If this gal can't do her share, she doesn't deserve to have it. Don't you just get so disgusted with people who expect others to do things for them, and don't take on any responsibilities?

Moneik said...

I think you have every right to be pissed. Last year we butchered 3 hogs and it is a ton of work! If she doesn't want to do the work, then she shouldn't get the meat. If you want it wrapped, buy it at the store. We are going to do 2 or 3 in the new year and it's a lot of work, but I know who grew it and what it was fed.

Jen said...

No way. That is not fair at all. I'd be looking for someone else to split it with or I'd just tell her to go to haties. That is absolutley ridiculous.

Gina said...

You have every right to be mad. If it was me I wouldn't even put it in a garbage bag. I would just dump it on her doorstep, guts and all.

love and hugs xxx