Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Can I do it???....Yes, I can!!!

This morning started like every other morning. Got the boys off to school and sat down to check my email while eating breakfast. I had an email from Jen. See I have been wanting to make a Yellow Brick Road quilt for a while now, but seems like I keep putting it off. So her email read...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you could whip out a Yellow Brick Road lap size in a day with borders on it even right? Oh so perfect to branch into a larger size to practice stippling!!
Challenge...... Giggle, Giggle, Giggle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I read it and thought....Hmmmmmm....... I went on outside to feed the horses and decided "Heck, I can do that, I think!!!" Finished feeding and back in the house I went. I dug out my greens and started cutting. I had all of it cut out and the blocks sewn together by noon. Took a break and then had my rows sewn together by 1:30pm. There are 42 blocks in it. And I would have had the border on it but I need to buy fabric for it. I didn't have enough to do the border.


Oh, if you look in the background of the photo you can see Ole Jim.

Anyway, thanks Jen for the challenge. I think sometimes we all need to have someone light a fire under our butts to get us going.

I'm tired and no more sewing for me today. I need to clean my house now.

Kristie

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh you are too funny!!! Yeah! I knew you could do it! There's my friend Kristie who used to sew a top a day, every few days! So how many hours would you say it took? Isn't it a nice quilt to put together? Don't you feel SOOOO ACCOMPLISHED??

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love the YBR pattern and yours is b-e-a-utiful! I'm officially gonna keep a bucket of cold water close by...just in case anyone tries to light a fire under my butt.
Great job!
Regina

Michelle said...

Looks GREAT, Kristie, This is one even I haven't tried yet. Rest this afternoon. Wish I could, but I think the bosses might frown!

Moneik said...

It looks awesome Kristie! Now I just need to get my butt in gear and do the two lap ones I have sitting around waiting to be made. I have class the next two nights, so no working on them for me. Maybe after this weekend. Isn't Jen an awesome motivator???

Amelia said...

Quilt is awesome. The layout of the picture is also something wonderful. I bet Ole Jim thinks "what is going on now".

Unknown said...

These colors are so great, they make a beautiful quilt. You are so active, just one day to do all this.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very quick and pretty quilt. I can't believe how fast you put things together.

Deb (vtquilter)