Saturday, November 17, 2007

Finally, they are done!

They are done! My last 5 blocks! Now I just have to sew them onto the quilt and add the borders. I think I will wait and sew the borders on tomorrow. I am sooooo tired.






I got these blocks done while we were watching tv. We rented a few movies. It has been a nice evening. We had a fire going in the fireplace, watched 3 movies, and I got my blocks done. We rented....Bambi II, Gods and Generals, and Ghost Riders. Ghost Rider is in now. Oh and I took a break from sewing and made some Funnel Cakes. They were really good, but everytime I get out the powdered sugar, I end up having it all over the kitchen.
Well, I guess that is about all for tonight. I am off to take a me a long, hot, soaking bath, my back is hurting.
Kristie

6 comments:

Moneik said...

The blocks look awesome as usual! Great job Kristie. I'm sure your whole family will love it.

Michelle said...

I thought of you today while I was at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. They had a Cowboy Hat shelf there. It looked simple to make, knowing Richard's talents, so I though I would just tell you about it. It was shaped like the outline of a hat (choose how big you want it), then it had a slot cut into it, where the 'shelf' part of it fit, and painted like a cowboy hat.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You sure got a lot done! They look wonderful. That's gonna be one awesome quilt, ya know. I have the same trouble with powdered sugar. There is no good way to be "neat" with it. You could just invite everyone to come in the kitchen and lick it down for you....LOL...

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Congrats! Now you can get your top done and finish a UFO!! I liked Ghost Rider - I watched it a few weekends ago.

Maureen said...

Ummmm funnel cakes....I thought I was the only person who ended up with powdered sugar everywhere.

The blocks are wonderful! Great job! What is the border fabric?

Maureen

Jen said...

Your final blocks look great. Mmmm funnel cake.