Friday, November 9, 2007

Fall foilage

When Richard got home from work this evening he took a ride on Bullet. I wanted him to take some photos of the Fall colors before all of the leaves fell off. These are some photos of his ride on "Top Of The World" this is about 1 mile out on the trail. There are no roads back to this area just a horse trail. This is our little piece of Heaven on earth.



And of course, this is Richard on Bullet. This is our stud horse as you can see he is a very proud horse.


It has been a very long day. Chantal always takes Andrew to school for me on her way to work, since she works right across the road from his school. She was running late this morning and called because she had a flat tire. I had to go in to town today anyway so I picked her up and we rushed to school and then I dropped her off at work. My car started overheating and I didn't know if I would make it back home or not. I had to pull off to the side of the road just every little bit to let it cool down. Finally the 20 minute trip home ended up being an hour. Got home and couldn't find my house keys. I had to go to Richard's tool building and get a screwdriver and pry the lock on the back door. At last I was home!!!!!! By the time I got home and in the house I was soooooooo nervous I didn't do anything but just sit there on the couch. Richard is going to fix my car in the morning. He said the water pump went out on it.

Mom is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walked out there this evening to see her for just a few minutes. I didn't want to stay too long, I know she is very tired and needs some down time. When I got out there she was just getting home and was unloading her luggage out of the car. I will go back out there tomorrow to spend so more time with her.

Hopefully, I will get my quilt top finished sometime this weekend.

Kristie

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It's beautiful! I love the south. I lived in Lebanon, TN for quite a few years, and I prefer the south to the north. I am married to a yankee who will never leave Michigan. He loves it here. So...I'm stuck, I guess. I am happy where we live...very small town.
Glad your Mom made it home safely. I know you'll enjoy your time with her. How nice to have her home for Thanksgiving.
Regina

Amelia said...

The day started out on a sour note...but with your Mom being home made the ending much better.

Glad it is not a real major problem with the car.

The foliage pictures are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thanks to your DH for taking these beautiful pictures, it looks like there are trees just all around you. Lucky you to have your mom living so near you.

Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures - it really looks an amazing place. Nice for you to have your mum back for the holiday. I hope you get your sampler done - the blocks you have made so far are great and I look forward to seeing the finished top.