Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Potholder Project

Today has been a long slow day. Had to run in to town this morning to do some last minute shopping. Both boys are home today on Thanksgiving break. They have been fighting ALL day. I have been ready to pull my hair out. Trying to get them to clean their room has just about done me in.

I cleaned the house up today even though we are having dinner at mom's tomorrow. I guess sometimes you just have to break down and clean your own mess up. I rented some movies while in town and I guess we will watch those as I do some cooking. I don't have a whole lot to do. I think I am making Mississippi Mud Cake, Pea Salad, Banana Pudding and Cherry Cheesecake. I think those are the only things that Mom trusts me with. :)

I did make these two potholders today. I have another bowtie one quilted I still need to add the binding on it. I thought I would make a few for myself and some as gifts.

These two are made from leftover blocks from other projects. They measure 8 inches. I have a ton of extra blocks in the closet that I will have to dig out to make more. They are very quick and easy to sew together.

Have a great Thanksgiving! -
Kristie

4 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Cute potholders! I have to take appetizers to my sisters. Cherry cheesecake sounds yummy! I can't wait for pumpkin pie!

Unknown said...

You are so creative, always something new you have been doing.

Cindy said...

Love the pot holders and I like the idea of the cheesecake. Did you put anything special inside the pot holders?

Jen said...

The potholders are cute. I've got to start doing that too! Do you put insulbrite or something or just regular batting? I'd think Poly would melt, no?