Saturday, November 24, 2007

Don't you just hate when...

Don't you just hate when you screw up? I had plans on setting here and cutting out my new quilt. So I cut and cut and cut. I had used this exact same pattern before so I knew there was no reason to sew a sample block. I had a BIG stack of blocks cut and went over to the sewing machine to sew a couple of blocks together when I found out that I had cut some of the blocks the wrong size! :( I cut the sqaures 2 1/2 when they needed to be 2 inches!!! I could scream!!!! I do have a pile of 2 inch blocks already cut somewhere, I will have to dig them out! I will save the 2 1/2 inch blocks that I cut I'm sure I will need them for another quilt. Oh well, I guess this happens when you just don't pay attention to what you are doing!
Kristie

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Well at least you didn't cut them 1 1/2! You could always cut them down, but I do understand your frustration. Put them in your 'stash' for another time. But hey, did you enjoy your family time? Did you enjoy the movies? That's all that matters! When we are upset about something, we need to remember.........In a hundred years, will it really matter? How about tomorrow? Will it matter by then? Smile and move on. =-)

Jen said...

I think Michelle is the clamest person I've ever seen when it comes to cutting things wrong! Me, I swear and get pissed! Michelle's just, "Oh well, moving on."

Moneik said...

Oh well at least they were too big and not too small and you didn't run our of fabric by cutting wrong! There are always positives to a bad situation.